Uoa millers nanodrive cfs 5w40 ,high iron ej207

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my UOA back on this oil and I had some shearing or thinning as well. I only ran the oil for 2,000 miles as I wanted to check it out before committing to it. I got a little thinning with no metal suck.
wink.gif

In fact for a new car with 2700 miles on the motor I am a little surprised at how low the wear metals were.

I can't get my printer/scanner to work, but I was going to share some of more critical numbers.

The virgin viscosity is 14.0cst and mine sheared/thinned to 12.5cst. I say shearing/thinning because I also had some fuel dilution. i took my oil sample mid-stream during an oil change but I didn't drive the car to warm it up. I only let it idle for 5-10 minutes. Stupid i know but it is my first UOA so I'll do better next time. I'm guessing that the fuel dilution accounted for some of the thinning of this oil and possibly the majority of it.

The wear metals were excellent: iron-10, chromium-2, aluminium-4, copper-4, lead-0, tin-0, cad+silver+vad were all 0. Silicone was 95 but the motor only has 2700 miles. TBN was still 7.9 and oxidation was 47 and nitration was 11. Added metals all were still good: Moly-774, Calcium-3030, Boron-91, Phos-1557, Zinc-1183, Magnesium-11.

Soot and water both under .1%

I can e-mail this test if someone has the ability to post it from there provided you remove my name,address and phone number from the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back