Waste oil can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there really a lot of fire risk associated with dropping used oil off at the recycling center?

More of a spill risk, but it can have a little gasoline in it...

Just got tired of the plastic ones leaking...
Still use plastic under the car, I just transfer it to the can for storage / disposal

I just put mine back into the 5 quart jugs that it came in. If for some reason, I don't have the jug, used quart bottles instead, I just put it into empty windshield washer containers. Take those down to my local recycling place and dump them in the large container. They even have a "special" trash can for filters and one for the used plastic bottles.

I put my waste oil in empty cat litter bottles, then the bottle goes into a cat litter bucket.

Free & safe & easy to carry.

GUYS! The NSA is watching us!

It's not "waste" oil, it's "used" oil.

Waste oil is considered hazardous and comes under federal regulations regarding storage and disposal. Big $$$$$$.

Everybody repeat.....used oil, used oil, used oil.

I love the 2.5 gallon oil jugs for USED oil. Perfect size, not too heavy, easy to handle.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I love the 2.5 gallon oil jugs for USED oil. Perfect size, not too heavy, easy to handle.

That's what I use. But I don't want the container taken away, so I have to drive to the hazardous waste dump (and wait in a long line).

I dump my waste oil into a 5 gallon Rubbermaid gas container. When it gets a bit heavy to carry, I drive to the recycling center, dump the waste oil into their 55 gallon drum and drive home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back