Nanoscrub pads/towels/sponge vs Clay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
doesn't ONR in a certain dilution make a good lube/glide for claying? I forget what the ratio is....
That's what I am planning to use as a lube with my Nano-scrub Sponge...

ONR is inadequate as a lube, IMO. I've had some marring problems with ONR as lube.

I would only use the nanoskin glide lube. It seems to be amazingly slick and "soapy" compared to most lubes.

Eh...I really don't wanna order more products...I a just gonna try with ONR as lube - perhaps in a larger ratio than recommended and see how it goes...
I also have some clay lube spray that I bought a long time ago, when I bought a clay-magic clay/lube combo ....perhaps that would work too...

Eh...I really don't wanna order more products...I a just gonna try with ONR as lube - perhaps in a larger ratio than recommended and see how it goes...
I also have some clay lube spray that I bought a long time ago, when I bought a clay-magic clay/lube combo ....perhaps that would work too...
I tend to agree that I should not need a special or product specific lube. I use about any detailer I want with clay magic and other clays. As i stated we shall see how it works.

Last edited:
I too have a brand new nanoskin ready to use next week on a dodge truck. I have always used Mothers or Maguire's Carnauba car wash to use as a lube when I clay with excellent results. In the past I have even used Dawn with Ok results but most clays will start to "melt" after a few uses. I feel the Carnauba wash should work just as well with the nano.

Originally Posted By: Russell
I tend to agree that I should not need a special or product specific lube. I use about any detailer I want with clay magic and other clays. As i stated we shall see how it works.

Here's something that you must consider - the nanoskin autoscrub pad is used on a DA polisher. For instance, I use speed 3 on my Flex 3401 with the Nanoskin autoscrub pad - and this is 270rpm. The lubrication requirements under those conditions, are much different than a clay bar that is being dragged across the surface at a leisurely speed. In fact, the nanoskin glide lists a different dilution ratio for autoscrub vs normal clay bar.

I just completed a newer Civic with the infamous black paint. The paint had a lot of contamination as it sits outside 24/7, in an industrial area. The car had not been sealed nor clayed in 2 years...and probably saw a total of 4 washes in that time. I used the nanoskin pad with glide and did not leave any visible marring. If I had used ONR, I think the results would have been very different.

Got the Nanoskin AS-019 Autoscrub Fine Grade Sponge today. I tried it on a small area on my dark green BMW with a detailing spray. Seemed to work fine. Very smooth. Just Do not see why you need a special lube, especially if you are doing it by hand.

No time this weekend to do more. I have yard work and other house related items. I am sure most of you understand.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back