Got a Blue pureone from amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ordered a pl24011 for my grand prix 3.8. I received a blue version of the filter, to which i raised an eyebrow. I have the current gold version on there now. upon my research these were changed for the gold version in 2008 sometime. i can't seem to find much info on if there were any internal changes. The box says copyright 2004 on it, although i doubt that's worth much.

The order was placed and fulfilled through amazon.
Should i be concerned?

They had to be sitting on the back of a shelf somewhere. I'm sure they're good and I prefer them to the puke colored texture painted filters that replaced them.

The blue ones are just fine. I just used my last blue 20195 on my Taurus now I'm back to Motorcrafts.

The shelf life is going to likely out out last your Pontiac.

As long as they've been stored properly, in dry place and no surface rust they should be fine.

The new P1's started in 09, and there is date code on them that has been decoded on Bitog. Here's an example from one made in 09.

F06A08E2

F= Fayetteville, North Carolina Plant
06= Month
A= Year 2009
08= Day of the Month
E= Line Number
2= Shift

I'd have no issue using a blue P1, it fine. However, the newer P1 in puke yellow(as some like to refer to it) with texture, is an improvement in regards to efficiency and media.

there certainly isn't any rust.
I was more concerned if there was a substantial upgrade from the blue to yellow. I guess i shoulda clarified that, haha. I certainly don't expect metal/media/silicone to spoil.

I just didn't want puro classic quality for pureone money.

i was tempted to send it back due to the non textured exterior. I have to remove my wheel if the filter isn't textured to remove the filter. It's not a big deal, but it's kinda a principal thing i guess...

Originally Posted By: nprobst37
.... I just didn't want puro classic quality for pureone money.....

Nah, though not rated quite as efficient as the new P1, still rated more efficient than the new (since 09) more efficent Classic (formerly Prem. Plus). And you still get silicone adbv with the P1 that Classic doesn't have. Still a high quality filter, but I understand your 'principle of the matter' thought. I'd feel the same.

I too like the P1 texture for ease of hand installation and removal. Fyi, Purolator actually first used texture on a 'made for' filter, the red Advance Auto Total Grip as dissected in the following link, it was the last in my stash. Advance Auto Total Grip, Dissection, Pics.

About the same time the AAP Total Grip was being discontinued, the new P1 with texture was introduced. The red AAPTG looked much better than the new P1 'gold'. But since the filter goes basically unseen in pc use, the texture more than makes up for the ugly color imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back