Xado additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched and did not find anything on additives by a company called Xado . Interesting concept and I love the ideas coming from the former USSR where all the scientists are going free market. However, like all additives, I avoid them.

Anyway, what do the big brains here think?

I know you were asking people with big brains, but anyway...

I'm thinking, if it's not Made in Australia, it can't possibly be the best.
tongue.gif

I read more and more about micro-ceramic lubricants. I'm not sure in how far these are really different from ceramic additves (boron nitride) that have been used for a long time.

I am currently using CeraTec by LiquiMoly in my oil. It is a micro-ceramic additive -- looks like pale raspberry yogurt.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I'm thinking, if it's not Made in Australia, it can't possibly be the best.
tongue.gif

I think that you may be referring to Auto-Rx, as it's a lanolin ester.

Lanolin comes from sheep wool, and is definitely part of Australian cultcha, but I think Frank comes from somewhere else.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I am currently using CeraTec by LiquiMoly in my oil. It is a micro-ceramic additive -- looks like pale raspberry yogurt.

Any positives or negatives (besides the color) to report on this stuff?? Have you done a UOA on any oil which contained this additive?

Unfortunately, the valve stem seals are rapidly getting worse and I will not do an UOA until I have taken care of the issue.

The CeraTec seemed fairly thick, but I didn't notice a loss of power or decreased fuel economy. The oil is RL 5W-30.

problem I see with a "ceramic" type additive is high ash forming and spark plug fouling as well as ring sticking not to mention filter and lifter plugging over time, OK for a cutting oil but not IMHO a good PCMO additive.
bruce

I trust LM and their products. Many of their fluids and additives are OEM parts and recommended by a variety of carmakers. CeraTec was TÜV-tested and showed the promised benefits. Maybe it's all a fraud, could be -- I simply don't know. Many good companies lose their way over time.

quote:

CERA TEC is a high-tech ceramic wear protection product for all motor oils. CERA TEC reduces friction and wear due to ceramic compounds that withstand extremely high chemical and thermal loads. Prevents direct metal-to-metal contact, thus increasing the engine service life. The low-friction effect reduces fuel consumption in gasoline and diesel engines. Sufficient for 5 liters of motor oil.
Operational area: CERA TEC is added to motor oil and is self-mixing. CERA TEC provides extreme wear protection for all moving parts and friction surfaces in the engine.

CeraTec (second from bottom)

I have, in the past, found LM to be quite responsive to inquiries.
smile.gif

[email protected]

Just finished treatment with Xado in my '94 Ford 7.3 IDI, no effects on power, mileage, engine noise or oil pressure. No UOA so far, but I'm really tempted to do one. (Posting back with results if so.) Expensive stuff, will not use it again.

quote:

Originally posted by raynorway:
Just finished treatment with Xado in my '94 Ford 7.3 IDI, no effects on power, mileage, engine noise or oil pressure. No UOA so far, but I'm really tempted to do one. (Posting back with results if so.) Expensive stuff, will not use it again.

How did you measure the before and after reults? I am thinking of using it in my Honda and performing compression, oil pressure, idle mileage, and emmission tests.

They recommend three tubes spaced out over many miles like Auto-RX. It also said to add to a warm engine and idle for some time. How did you add it?

quote:

looks like pale raspberry yogurt.

Sounds a lot like the Ceramlub I just used on my brakes. Supposed to be a %30 solid content and probably similar technology to Ceratec. I like solid lubes just fine for slow movement/high heat type uses, but I'm not convinced about their uses in high speed applications.

Xado sounds a lot like Microlon, only that product is resin based and is supposedly a "one time" use product for the life of the vehicle
rolleyes.gif
. Never mind the wear/clearance that will occur after the treatment.

Xado sounded interesting until I read this in the FAQ:
quote:

a 10 fold increase in wear resistance and barrel life; an increase in firing flatness, but the key factor is an increase in firing accuracy by 2 to 3 fold!

That's just not going to happen. And for their Repairing grease:

quote:

Compensates wear up to 80%

What does that mean?? %80 of the part can be gone and this stuff will fix it??

Zado is going into my snake oil list along with Microlon, but a least they don't claim it to be a lifetime product.

The only thing is that they seem well established in Europe. (The company is from the Ukraine so it makes sense they would have a greater presence there). Perhaps there is a language barrier. The technology makes sense, but I will still want to try it on a few cars at a garage a buddy of mine owns. He can perform all the tests to determine some real results. I would also want to do an oil analysis and post it here. I want to make sure it doesn't improve performance in one area but cause problems in another.

Perhaps there is a language barrier.

inFamous billboard campaigns
German: Coke will allow you to talk with your old dead uncle
Japanese: Coke will allow you to talk to your ancestors from beyond the grave
USA: Coke adds life

LoneStarCRX :

- Oil pressure measured with aftermarked gauge, measured both hot and cold, no increase/decrease
- noise level...well I've been driving this noisy b--c for many years and got her nagging under my skin, so any changes would affect me physically
grin.gif

- Mileage: I always keep track of mileage, reading and resetting my trip counter every tankful and calculate. Every time.
- Power: Just the feeling.

Decided to do an UOA soon, will be back with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back