$200 budget air compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dorkiedoode
I highly recommend flexeel 3/8 air hose and milton V coupler. WOrks wonder on my HF 10 gallon air compressor and 1/2 earthquake impact.

Thanks I got all thing I need . Pick up snap on 1/2 impact brand new on craiglist for 200. Got 50 f good year hose . I'm all set now

What have I done ? Was plan on 200 dollar budge . Turn out closer to 800 dollar . This new job and pay check really spoiler me haha.

Didn't have a chance to stop into Sears but stop in a farm supply store. Looked at a brand called Industrial Air, never heard of it but it was all made in china. Also liked at a Ingersoll Rand, looked like a 60 0r 80 gal, Motor made in Mexico, pump made in India, have no idea where the tank was made.

With that I seriously doubt a Sears is all U.S. made.

Originally Posted By: Rand
something like this one ?

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-professional-60-gallon-air-compressor-3.1-rhp/p-00916476000P

I like how thats a 3.1HP but it takes 20amp 230volt.

makes you wonder how close to 2.5hp the little ones are that take 12amp 115v

yub that the one, our local fire department having same one . but 499.99 ? I might be mistakent but the price was list for $700 with $200 off, and price was $500 when I bought it. I dont remember with all that 9999

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Didn't have a chance to stop into Sears but stop in a farm supply store. Looked at a brand called Industrial Air, never heard of it but it was all made in china. Also liked at a Ingersoll Rand, looked like a 60 0r 80 gal, Motor made in Mexico, pump made in India, have no idea where the tank was made.

yes I heard that brand, also I heard champion brand also a good too.

Ill bet that even a real brand in professional form, like a Chicago Pneumatic, that is US made, is truly so... Likely US assembled with global components. Such a shame, but our own choices have created this situation.

But I have very recently seen pumps marked "USA" on them for sale, I think even at HF (!).

Its also more than likely caused by the casting industry and the regulations put on them by our good own EPA.

Casting iron is a very dirty business. But we'll get our pollution blown in off the pacific.

Check the magazines, look for the Harbor Freight coupon for its 1/2" Earthquake impact
gun (for $70?)

For fittings, you would like to go for quality (Milton?)
And if possible, see if you can get the hi-flo fitting (1/4") usually to go with the
3/8" hose

HTH

Last edited:
You worry about the country of manufacture for an air hose with a chinese compressor?

I would not compare the hose made in India with the compressor made in China

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Ck out the 1/2 Earthquake impact gun. It's often on sale for $70ish and it will do anything you want it to. I've been "testing" one at work for about a year now. I liked it so much that I bought a 2nd one for home.

BTW it's not made in China.

+1, I have the previous model of the earthquake 1/2 and it's a great air gun. You need a compressor with a rating of 5.0 cfm to keep up with it.

Regards, JC.

Impact is different than, say, sander, or saw.
The worst would be you take a lug nut off, wait for the pressure to rebuild, and get to
the next nut.

That said, I was able to take 5 lug nuts off with the previously mentioned Makita
mac700 before the compressor kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back