1995 Taurus running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Originally Posted By: cmorr
Originally Posted By: yonyon
That rust won't make you fail an NJ inspection unless you put commercial plates on it. There's no safety inspection for cars with regular plates anymore.

I stand corrected, had to look that up myself, looks like the just check emissions only

"Effective August 1 , 2010, the New J ersey M otor V ehicle Commission made changes
to the New Jersey Vehicle Inspection Program eliminating the mechanical defects
(safety) portion of the inspection process for passenger vehicles."

Glad you see that it CAN get inspected. And has! I know you wanted car to be "uninspectable."

I am now getting excited about tranny coolers, as seems like next logical way to proceed.

Smiling that a challenge presented showed me to know my facts.
smile.gif

Smile all you want if that makes you feel better. I had doubt, raised a question and someone else (yonyon) answered, great job !

As for your question about adding new steel to the core support. Sure, just cut/grind until you hit good metal, just stop when the rear plate falls off.

As I stated this is a structural part of your car, if you or the state doesn't think it's unsafe, have at it.

Would a prospective buyer be wondering why someone spent good money on an $800 rust bucket for a brand-new heavy-duty transmission cooler?

Maybe thinking:
- Ex taxicab
- Towed until he busted the tranny, had to change the old cooler because it was full of metal.

Want rusted Taurus? This was my 75000 mile Taurus in 2009 ...

The front subframe ended up breaking free from the unibody at one point.

Fuel filler neck

rear frame and impact beam

rear frame

Rear subframe that holds control arms

Frame

Last edited:
I see in your future buying cars that fail PA safety inspection and registration in NJ.

Wanting to take a paint brush and some POR16 to the underside.

Or, buy a grinding wheel. Since I have to do that to Blazer anyway.... New rocker panels... Needs..

oh my, this just keeps getting better...LOL, do you even keep track of what you spend? Fluids, mechanic trips, additives, parts, etc? You could've gotten a much better car and left it ALONE!

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
oh my, this just keeps getting better...LOL, do you even keep track of what you spend? Fluids, mechanic trips, additives, parts, etc? You could've gotten a much better car and left it ALONE!

I don't keep track, no. But when my situation improves, hopefully I ultimately get SSI to support myself, I will probably buy a showroom-condition older car.

Maybe not from Craigslist, it sourced this one, and the Blazer. $800 each.

It takes money to start good; I learn as I go. Its what Internet is about. Learning. And friendship.

Drama ensues.

But, for now, its what I got, and it aint broke.

Noticing certain areas are really snarky. Some. Some are good folk.

Or, buy a grinding wheel. Since I have to do that to Blazer anyway.... New rocker panels... Needs..

Harbor freight, ten bucks with coupon. Get a few: one for cutting, one for grinding, one with a cup wire brush.

With some vise grips and tin snips you can cut flashing to cover rocker panel holes... rivet it in place or use self tapping screws. Just have to do it a little below flush (bend with vise grips) so you can put bondo over the rivets/ bolt heads and sand it smooth with the surface. Noone will ever know.

Got to keep the water out so corrosion inside, where structure lays, doesn't happen. Your blazer has a frame so this isn't much of an issue.

Putting POR15 on that is like gold plating dog poo. It isn't going to help. You need to remove the punky metal and weld in new. THEN you POR15 the NEW metal.

Originally Posted By: thorromig
Just admit it Clevy--GHT is your BEST FRIEND!!! haa haa ha

I already told him that if he ever comes into Logan, drinks are on me.
smile.gif
lol.gif
15.gif

^^ And why does that car getting crushed look a LOT like a 512TR/Testa Rossa...
cry.gif

10.gif

He hasn't come down yet, and I may have a Taurus this time. Or the Blazer...

It would be just another day trip to me, I am liking the disabled lifestyle. And yeah, I'm disabled.

Remember, I have compensating issues for this one, family truckster in 1994, this is a 1993 brandy new, first long road trip NY State --> Florida --> back, family vaca, loaded up:

1045052_526103344122883_1167558307_n.jpg

And the Taurus came about because THIS ONE is still in hoc in Darby.

1049036_524115304321687_1766449843_o.jpg

467919_509472379119313_896922293_o.jpg

980088_509472372452647_1659983585_o.jpg

I want to take the goofy "Hurst" shifter sticker of the driver side, debating taking the Tahoe LT thing off, or leaving it there. It is a badge of honor, so it will likely stay.. Passenger side doesn't have it.

Harbor freight.. yes, when I get money, I will have to go there.

It would be just another day trip to me, I am liking the disabled lifestyle. And yeah, I'm disabled.

Ha we know enough about your situation from your public photobucket, no need to divulge information like that.

As for your question about adding new steel to the core support. Sure, just cut/grind until you hit good metal, just stop when the rear plate falls off.

But when my situation improves, hopefully I ultimately get SSI to support myself, I will probably buy a showroom-condition older car.

YES!!! Now this is all making sense to me! You my friend are definitely SSI eligible. Now I kinda feel bad for you, making fun of you seems cruel now.

I hope you realize SSI doesnt pay much, barely enough to live on. You don't want to be spending your food and/or rent money on these silly things!!

Seriously, take my advice and drive your car as-is. Take this energy and find something productive to do with it. This is an old beater car and not worth your time and money. Trust me, it will NEVER be what you want it to be.

And the rust is pretty bad and there's not much you can do about it at this point.... there's a reason why rust is nicknamed "CANCER"

Originally Posted By: babyivan

But when my situation improves, hopefully I ultimately get SSI to support myself, I will probably buy a showroom-condition older car.

YES!!! Now this is all making sense to me! You my friend are definitely SSI eligible. Now I kinda feel bad for you, making fun of you seems cruel now.

I hope you realize SSI doesnt pay much, barely enough to live on. You don't want to be spending your food and/or rent money on these silly things!!

Seriously, take my advice and drive your car as-is. Take this energy and find something productive to do with it. This is an old beater car and not worth your time and money. Trust me, it will NEVER be what you want it to be.

And the rust is pretty bad and there's not much you can do about it at this point.... there's a reason why rust is nicknamed "CANCER"

cheers3.gif

10.gif

I will likely be one of these buying cars just to use the grinding wheel, do Counting Cars, then re-sell.

My appointment is Thursday, 1608 Walnut St Suite 1108, Philadelphia PA 19023, at a certain time of the day. Gotta find somewhere to put Taurus.

Last edited:

yes, but the Blazer can get good with a grind wheel, right?

Kinda P/Oed I can't sell the Taurus, pretty much outside of NJ now lol

Not in massachusetts, not in PA...

yes, but the Blazer can get good with a grind wheel, right?

Kinda P/Oed I can't sell the Taurus, pretty much outside of NJ now lol

Not in massachusetts, not in PA...

You can sell any old clunker as is as a private party. Over 125k and you're immune from Mass's lemon aid law (private party inspection requirements.)

The trick is to find someone willing to take an uninspected vehicle.

As for SSI, I believe (don't know) they get all in your business, asking about your assets, and they only let you keep one car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back