Anyone with experience? Open Carry stop, Oregon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klamath Falls, Oregon. July 16th, 2012.

I think this video was awesome, but feel that it would be a lot how it would NOT go.. These LEOs obviously aren't afraid of firearms, but some of these videos I see, they seem to want to get away from the camera, and all sorts of stuff.

Asking that carriers watch the video. Thoughts?

*by the way: I, myself, simply observe these things. i don't have any guns to carry, nor shoot, nor possess, nor will I. Simply an avid interest in the topic. So, this is not being posted to say "Hey, can I walk around with an MP5 and its open so I don't need anything else".. Not me. Thank you.

I would agree that the cop handled this in an awesome manner.

Unintelligent guy is looking for trouble and causing undo attention - setting an inappropriate example for members of society who choose to not show-off their right to bear arms in a defensive manner.

Officer was very professional; things could have been worse for citizen wanting extra attention.

Officer was extremely professional. IMHO they were out looking for attention and got it. Open carry is fine (100% legal in PA without any permit except in Filthy) but use one common sense.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Officer was extremely professional. IMHO they were out looking for attention and got it. .... Use one common sense.

+1

Whenever I get a new holster, I usually open carry until I'm used to it. Too difficult to constantly conceal something new when I'm not sure how it will print or move.

Never had any issues, except an overzealous douchey manager at a golf course screaming that I had to conceal it to legally carry, when I didn't have my cwp on me. The guy literally was near having an aneurism he was yelling so loudly. Had I not been carrying a gun, he likely would have seen what happens when a 300lb man punches you in the face. Legally too I might add, as he was certainly both threatening and psychotic.

I rarely carry anymore, I prefer car guns. Hand gun in reach, defensive shotgun in the back hidden by offroad gear.

I open carry a 8 inch skinning knife with a four inch fixed blade. That occasionally gets a few looks on campus, but in a gun free zone I like to sit behind doors in class...I suppose in that truly worst case scenario ID use it defensively if someone opened said door with a gun. But realistically I use it to open packages, bottles, and fingernail knife more than anything. Oddly, it gets a free pass at most security checks for state and federal buildings. Once the steel toe boots go off they usually wave you on in, I still check it at the desk though.

I came away genuinely impressed by the cops' behavior!

Calm, cool, professional, and real credit to himself and to his department.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back