NAPA ProSelect 21516 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tires needed to be R&B. The tire store owed me a FREE OCI (VWB 5W30). I had them install my filter, (NAPA 1315 double ADBV that KCJeep gave me) and the tire store gave me the filter they would have used (MC FL-400S equivalent). BTW, the ASE tech did my OCI, not the one that I posted in another thread in this forum.

t2rh.jpg

r5jq.jpg

rvqx.jpg

d8vk.jpg

2bwp.jpg

nzzm.jpg

ewb5.jpg

Can't tell- does the adhesive fully fill the pleat seam? Looks a little bulgie there in the middle. Good-looking mechanical parts... the media, not so much. I don't mind the waves, it just doesn't look like enough media area compared to other brands.

Looks like a decent filter for the price, I do like Wix's coil spring too. I think there may have some problems with the media on these bargain Wix models but I'm not positive on that.

I like the 6 large inlet holes as well.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting! It is appreciated.

Biggest surprise here, this PS is actually uses the traditional Wix/NG thread end bypass and not a combo valve. Most PS now use a combo valve.

Seam looks sealed to me, some wave and a wider pleat area.

Hecho en Mexico o USA?

Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for the pics. not too bad since its a jobber filter. But I would definably feel better having the napa gold on instead of Wix's red headed step child.
laugh.gif
:p

Not too bad, well less than a Motorcraft or Puro Classic but more than the equivalent orange can would have. Thanks Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back