FRAM or MANN air filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for an oil change tomorrow thought I might as well change the air filter as well.

I bought a FRAM oil filter but read bad reviews on it, so I'm going to return and and get either MANN or Mahle oil filter.

Also I was going to pick up either a FRAM or MANN air filter but wanted to see what people had to say.

I have no problems using a Fram air filter in my application. If someone gave me a Fram oil filter I would use it too.

We over think a lot here.

Originally Posted By: 01110110r6
I bought a FRAM oil filter but read bad reviews on it, so I'm going to return

Which Fram was it? Orange can? Those are the ones that receive many bad reviews. Fram Ultra is a different story; they are highly regarded.

Also I was going to pick up either a FRAM or MANN air filter but wanted to see what people had to say.

I like MANN air filters. I have one in our VUE right now and it's high quality.

No it wasnt in a orange can. Just a orange box and a yellowish filter like thing.

Sounds like a cartridge filter which is a bit of a different beast altogether. Most of the negative Fram reviews you see are in reference to their orange can spin-on filters, also referred to as Orange Can of Death (OCOD).

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I have no problems using a Fram air filter in my application. If someone gave me a Fram oil filter I would use it too.

+1

Originally Posted By: Azeem
Originally Posted By: dave1251

+1

+2 Its an air filter . Unless u live in a dustbowl , use fram. In 1951 FRAM® developed the first dry-type carburetor air filter, a revolutionary design that was significantly different than the previous oil bath air filters. Today FRAM® continues to produce high quality air filters for a wide range of vehicle makes and models.
So remember, before you slam it, FRAM® It!

I'd get a fram air filter over a mann, the mann I got(99 Corolla, plastic frame filter with rubber gasket) had a really poorly formed gasket with rough sealing edges that would have leaked. Mann didn't seem too concerned when I contacted them. Rockauto sent me another and it was just as ragged.

i like fram air filters.

The oil filters i no longer use, but never had an issue with them when i was a kid in my 1st vehicles. Just more of a preference after seeing many reviews on youtube and online.

Kind of hypocritical i guess, but with vehicles costing as much as they do these days, better safe than sorry.

Mann are some of the best filters you can buy, the ones for my Mercedes are all made in Germany.

I'm going for an oil change tomorrow thought I might as well change the air filter as well.

I bought a FRAM oil filter but read bad reviews on it, so I'm going to return and and get either MANN or Mahle oil filter.

MANN makes very good filters. I trust MANN

I know the box is not fancy but its a great product.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I'd run whichever is cheaper. The differences will be minimal, if any.

+1 my thoughts exactly

Are the Napa proselect airfilters and the Napa Silver both made by wix? I got have a purolator in there and may be changing it out for something better if there is a better oem type out there..

I had a K&N in there for 51k put replaced it for a dry filter after reading that there was more dirt getting through versus the dry filters tested. I'm more concerned about mpg than hp.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back