Proud Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I ran a quick errand today and while in the place of business, a small, older gentleman, came in to renew his auto registration and was carrying what appeared to be a fair amount of cash. He was sorting it out and I noticed a hundred dollar bill or two, several $50's and various amounts. I just figured he was drunk/high the way he was fumbling with his bundles of cash. He seemed nice enough to the clerk though and was courteous.

On our way out of the door my wife ran ahead and picked up a dollar bill that was blowing across the parking lot.....I started pulling out and she hollered for me to "stop the car", got out and when she got back in, I pulled back onto the highway and she showed me a pretty impressive wad of cash resembling the bundles the old guy had. Semi-long story short...she had me return to the place of business and returned the old mans cash to him. Drunk/high or just a careless old man.....I was very proud of my wife for doing the right thing. I'm not so sure I could have or would have done that and in that particular neighborhood, doubt very many people would have.

A friend called her a fool for returning the cash but I think the smile and thanks she got from the old man and the business owners more than made up the cash amount. She is still beaming with pride about her decision and I know the reason for the smile on MY face!

thumbsup2.gif

We all have choices to make in this world. Thank your wife for making it a little nicer place.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Excellent! It's encouraging to know there are still plenty of decent people out there who do the right thing. May God bless you both richly and with abundance
smile.gif

x2

I've had a few opportunities to get something for nothing, and despite my financially challenged current status, wouldn't take it.

One cashier was ready to hand me change for a 100 when I gave her a 20. I pulled my hand away and said nothing as I did not want her co workers to realize she was about to make a huge mistake. She mouthed a thank you and then gave me the correct change.

The customer behind me in line, told me I was crazy, said they would have taken it and quickly left. She then got into her Escalade and drove away.

Good work, but doing the right thing should always be the default, if only the whole world thought like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back