Most available - most inexpensive VW 504/507 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys what is the most widely available, and most inexpensive motor oil that meets the VW 504/507.

we're about to buy a new 2013 Passat TDI and to do the oil changes I will require these 507 oils.

Most of them are either really rare or really expensive. Something like $11-$15 per quart. Jesus.

Any thoughts?

Wait for deals at pep boys on m1 ESP 5w-30. Liked that oil, just not enough TBN for a gasser. If I had a passat, id run it.

If you are buying a new Passat, VW will give your free service for three years. Now, this means an oil change every ten thousand miles but that has not caused any level of engine complaints as far as I can tell with these engines. We just bought a new 2013 TDI SE and I purchased two quarts of Catrol LL03 on-line in order to have one in the trunk for travel and the other in the garage. With almost 4000 miles on the car, I have used only about two tablespoons of oil.

The Castrol LL03 was developed jointly with Castrol and VW. You have to be careful with mid SAPS oils as there can be problems with the DPF. If so, and you did not use a certified 507.00 oil, you will have trouble with warranty coverage.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wait for deals at pep boys on m1 ESP 5w-30.

He's in Canada, unfortunately. Deals and Pep Boys are part of a foreign language.
wink.gif
I'd suggest a trip to the Imperial Oil or SOPUS distributor to get anything at an acceptable price. Wakefield Canada might be able to provide the approved Castrol product, if that's one's preferred option.

I haven't seen it here. Walmart doesn't like to go outside their comfort zone of 5w-20/5w-30/10w-30, except for HDEOs and the occasional GC and M1 0w-40 sightings. NAPA Canada would probably be the best bet for the Valvoline Euro oils.

Here in the USA I've seen Valvoline MST on the shelf at WM. I've only seen it sold in quarts....which can also get pricey at over $7 a quart for the everyday low, low price.

The only other alternative would be to skip the purchase of the VW product and go with a Japanese vehicle and oil availability should never become a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back