Subaru filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Subaru dealer informed me the Roki 15208AA160 has been replaced by the 15208aa15a Fram product and I can no longer get the Roki.Is this true ? I thought they switched the blue for black once already.Is there a good alternative OEM (Toyota,Mazda)? I've bought a Mobil M1-110 for this change but anyone's input would be welcome.

I use Amsoil for my Fooz..do they make one for the 14' yet? I would always heartily recommend that one.

For crying out loud - you get a good filter and the Fuji America bean counters destroy your engine with a junk filter! We've had NO engine issues using the roki 130 or the 160. I just bought all the 130 from Exeter Subaru - now I'm inclined to buy a case of the less preferred (but adequate) 160 to get us out to 130K miles?
Dang, daddy!
For crosses, The excellent WIX HONDA app filter++ might be a good swap, though the bypass rating will be MUCH lower - note that the WIX has the "safe" base-end bypass valve. IIRC the gasket innner dia was not an exact match. This may be too risky.

Ive had too many can-to base-crimp failures on the OTW good purolators (pur-o-leakers)

++wix p/n: 57356 NOT 51356!)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: askani79705
Thanks guys, I couldn't bring myself to use another Honeywell product.
Agreed, but I don't think Honeybleep owns Fram any longer. They, of course, presided over the demise of a once proud East Providence, RI company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back