Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get a new set of tires on the Civic. The Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus is #1 on the list. Any good, bad or other experiences with this tire? I live in a snowy area in the winter. I do not run dedicated winter tires....

I've had such a horrible experience with Bridgestone Turdanza EL400's, I'd never buy anything Turanza if I could help it.

These came as factory tires on our 2008 Honda Odyssey LX and 2012 Subaru Legcay 2.5i CVT. The worst winter time tire I've ever owned and tread-wear pretty much shot by 30K miles.

bought a set and ran them for 10k miles before my car was totaled in an accident. Great tire, quiet and I would highly rate them.

I put a set on my wife's Torrent GXP a couple of weeks ago.

They're really too new to comment on, other than in general terms. They are indeed quiet, particularly on a quiet road surface. When driving to our second house, the baby will go right to sleep and stay that way the entire trip.

They give a comfortable ride, even in a low profile configuration.

Gas mileage is improved noticeably, the low rolling resistance appears to work as advertised.

We have not had a drop of rain since they were mounted.

I will likely be getting a second set for her '04 Jaguar.

bought a set of 4 new ones for my wifey's Camry (since last March), made in Japan.

Rides better/quieter than that of the previous ones Uniroyal tiger paw touring), better fuel economy and also a tad more quiet to that of Tiger Paw.

Q.

Originally Posted By: JTK
I've had such a horrible experience with Bridgestone Turdanza EL400's, I'd never buy anything Turanza if I could help it.

These came as factory tires on our 2008 Honda Odyssey LX and 2012 Subaru Legcay 2.5i CVT. The worst winter time tire I've ever owned and tread-wear pretty much shot by 30K miles.

Pretty much all factory OEM tires are horrible. Doesn't matter what brand they are...... Those tires are usually made to OEM spec and have no warranty and such.

Highly recommended.

I have them on my 07 Accord and would get them again. They are very quiet, a plus on cars like Hondas given to road noise, with great wet and dry grip. Wear like iron, too.

Originally Posted By: cathy
Assymetric. So not as easy to rotate.

Yes, they are asymmetrical, which means they have an outside and an inside. It doesn't matter where they are placed on the car. They are not directional tires....

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Looking to get a new set of tires on the Civic. The Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus is #1 on the list. Any good, bad or other experiences with this tire? I live in a snowy area in the winter. I do not run dedicated winter tires....

This is about seven to eight years old, but they were the best dry tires I have used and the worst winter tires by far.
I don't know how much they have changed over time, but be advised.

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI

This is about seven to eight years old, but they were the best dry tires I have used and the worst winter tires by far.
I don't know how much they have changed over time, but be advised.

These are a brand new design. They have only been out for about a year.

Originally Posted By: JTK

I just bought a new Legacy with the Turanza EL400's. I haven't had these tires in the snow yet but I do find them to be really loud. I've pretty much concluded that I'm going to replace them with the tried and true Michelin Primacy MXV4's.

They are quality tires, but the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum is just as good and much less expensive. Of course the best tire money can buy is the Michelin Primacy MXV4 or MXM4; they last forever.

If gas mileage is a concern, and you like Bridgestone tires, there is the Ecopia EP422.

Practically ALL OE tires are garbage, as some said earlier in the thread. Even if they share a name with aftermarket tires, the OE are inferior, especially in regards to tread life (for example, Michelin MXM4's that come stock on a Honda Accord do not last as long as the same tire you buy from, say, Tire Rack or even Walmart)

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Of course the best tire money can buy is the Michelin Primacy MXV4 or MXM4; they last forever.

I have Michelin Primacy MXM4 on the car now that I purchased from DT. They are the new sunflower oil ones.... They have 30k on them and are worn out! I drive 75% highway and don't drive aggressively. I have had them rotated regularly every 5k. I have no problems with the car and they are wearing evenly. No cupping, etc. They are very smooth, handle great in dry weather. But, they are HORRIBLE in the snow. They have a 55k mileage warranty which I am working with DT on using now and trading them in. I am not buying another set of them.

Last edited:
I have a set on the minivan...they have about 16,000 miles on them. They are great tires...quiet and nice handling...treadwear is negligible (rotated every 5-6,000 miles). They got me through our rough last winter without a hitch...great snow traction. I will install another set when these wear out and am considering a set (V rated)for the Suzuki in the fall (even though the Serenity Plus are not a "performance" tire, the Continental Extreme Contacts on it now are pretty much shot at less than 30,000 miles...will give up a little handling for a longer-wearing tire). I was also very satisfied with the RE960's I had on my Honda (sold last year). I'm convinced that Bridgestone makes great tires (and not-so-great like everyone else) and highly recommend these tires.

I ended up purchasing a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus in 205/55/HR16 from DT. I was able to get the set for $580 installed with TPMS rebuild kits. They had a $100 rebate for the 4th of July holiday and a $50 rebate for using their credit card. So, $430 total for 4 of these can't be beat! Nothing even came close to this price vs. quality. I think I got a great deal!

I have not had them installed yet, as they had to order them as they had none in stock. They will be going on in the next week as they have them at the store now.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Of course the best tire money can buy is the Michelin Primacy MXV4 or MXM4; they last forever.

I have Michelin Primacy MXM4 on the car now that I purchased from DT. They are the new sunflower oil ones.... They have 30k on them and are worn out! I drive 75% highway and don't drive aggressively. I have had them rotated regularly every 5k. I have no problems with the car and they are wearing evenly. No cupping, etc. They are very smooth, handle great in dry weather. But, they are HORRIBLE in the snow. They have a 55k mileage warranty which I am working with DT on using now and trading them in. I am not buying another set of them.

That seems really unusual. I put a set of these on my boss's 2008 Passat 2.0T and they have 8/32" left on all 4 corners after 18k miles. I did get a 4-wheel alignment done after installation, though.

I have found it kinda odd as well. All suspension checked good, alignment is spot on, etc. I am not really sure what led to the premature wear of the Michelin tires..... They actually look great, just worn prematurely. They do have a little dry rot though. I had them installed in 2011, and they were one of the first batches of that tire (Michelin Primacy MXM4) to come out I believe.

Last edited:
I have found it kinda odd as well. They do have a little dry rot though. I had them installed in 2011, and they were one of the first batches of that tire (Michelin Primacy MXM4) to come out I believe.

When were they made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back