Recent Topics
Stainless Steel, Reusable Oil Filter Information
by BrotherMichigan
4 minutes 37 seconds ago
Power companies are evil, plain & simple.
by Thermo1223
13 minutes 48 seconds ago
Anyone run Nokianís year round?
by Picky1
46 minutes 12 seconds ago
I made the switch to pennzoil...
by SuzukiGoat
Today at 08:47 AM
Light Bulb Cartel
by Vikas
Today at 08:10 AM
Proud of My Dad
by Phishin
Today at 07:06 AM
google earth does not show Panoramio photos
by Trav
Today at 07:06 AM
Philips 9012 in '05 Corolla?
by lukejo
Today at 06:16 AM
new GM 4.3L V-6
by used_0il
Today at 03:02 AM
2015 Accord Hybrid
by Ewag2983
Today at 02:24 AM
Sausage
by Charlie1935
Today at 12:00 AM
Storing Car in Storage Facility
by cutlassvillager
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Newest Members
Thourun, Zach72, SandCastle, ymc226, redwoods73
51758 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (943kgt, 97 GTP, 123Saab, 94astro, 2010_FX4, 3 invisible), 1455 Guests and 162 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51758 Members
64 Forums
221452 Topics
3502040 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3051405 - 07/01/13 11:30 AM Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder)
zzyzzx Offline

Loc: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
There is a section of an interstate near me (MD 32) where the shoulder is a designated bike path for about 2.2 miles. There is no barrier there or anything, the shoulder is painted with markings indicating that it is also a bike route, and signage directs cyclists to use it. The interstate route is pretty flat too. The alternate would be going through a hilly area, 3 miles longer, with no shoulders (but back roads), and if it's still there, the route passes smelly trash transfer station on a hot day.

Would you take the bike route on the interstate or take the back roads here?

If it matters, I did once already bike on a new highway right before it opened (MD 100). So the whole getting it off of my list of things to do once isn't an issue here. MD 32 will have some cars on it (but not many). As many times as I have driven past this place I have only seen someone on a bicycle once there.

#3051411 - 07/01/13 11:36 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
DrDusty86 Offline

Loc: TX
Unless you want to be killed, NO!

#3051437 - 07/01/13 11:59 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
JHZR2 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Md 32 is not an interstate. Bikes aren't allowed on interstates.

I've rode many of miles along us highways with fast traffic and dedicated sides, but it's never comfortable.

But no road is really safe for biking given cellphone, text, and other distractions.

#3051440 - 07/01/13 12:01 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
NateDN10 Offline

Loc: Rochester, NY
I was going to say "absolutely not", because all interstates around here specifically prohibit pedestrians, cyclists and horses.

But if there's a designated bike lane and the traffic is light... I don't see why not. People ride bikes on 55mph country roads all the time.

#3051442 - 07/01/13 12:01 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
HerrStig Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Most roads are not even safe for motorcycles any longer.

#3051510 - 07/01/13 12:55 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
racer12306 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Not with the way most MD drivers are.

12 Chrysler T&C/3.6/6A/5w30PU/PureONE/OLM

07 Chevy Impala/3.5/4A/Shop Pref/OLM

#3051513 - 07/01/13 12:58 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: JHZR2]
gnp Offline

Loc: DFW
Actually, bicycles are allowed on I-25 in southern Colorado between Trinidad and Pueblo. There's hardly any vehicles on that stretch and is really flat and you can see for a long way. However, I've never seen a bicycle on there as there's hardly anything out there.

#3051532 - 07/01/13 01:17 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
hemitom Offline

Loc: canada
Death wish!!!!!!

#3051560 - 07/01/13 01:53 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
bvance554 Offline

Loc: VA
I'd take the highway with a designated bike lane over back roads with no shoulder any day.

#3051572 - 07/01/13 02:09 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
Quattro Pete Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
There is a section of an interstate near me (MD 32) where the shoulder is a designated bike path for about 2.2 miles. There is no barrier there or anything, the shoulder is painted with markings indicating that it is also a bike route, and signage directs cyclists to use it.

If it has a designated bike lane, then I would. As others mentioned, MD32 is not an interstate. It's a state highway.

#3051581 - 07/01/13 02:18 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
dailydriver Offline

Loc: Bucks County, Pa.
I used to take long training rides on Route 78 LONG BEFORE the federal highway dept. banned bicycles on interstates (very early '70s).
It generally had very wide shoulders, albeit full of trash, broken beer bottles, and 'road gators', but the only REAL problem was the yahoos playing Darrell Waltrip getting off the exit ramps. mad

I once rode from my town (Union, N.J.) all the way out to Phillipsburg, N.J. (and back), and even tried crossing the bridge into Easton, but they would not let me through the tolls. frown
Synpower 75W-140/4oz. XL-3
Red Line D4 in the T56

#3051591 - 07/01/13 02:29 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
RW1 Offline

Loc: JBLM, WA
I fly back to Ft Meade pretty often so I'm familiar with that stretch of highway. I would rather take 32 than the side roads with no shoulders. That new stretch has pretty roomy shoulders so I would chance it...dressed in hunter orange...with flashing lights. Now if you were thinking of biking one of the "95" highways, then I would say you were definitely out of your mind.

People tend to speed on the side roads a bit too fast for visibility/conditions. That is everywhere.

I have to say that the most spectacular car accidents I have ever seen have been on I-295.

#3051606 - 07/01/13 02:44 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
eljefino Online   content

Loc: ME
You generally can't have traffic lights, railroad grade crossings (or lanes) or bicycles on interstate highways.

Maybe this lane is an engineering trial that's technically seperate or something.

Sometimes the larger bridges that carry interstates have jersey barriers and a bike/ped lane.

#3051682 - 07/01/13 03:47 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
sciphi Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
I'd use the bike lane if it was in good shape. It's a state highway, not an interstate.

#3051878 - 07/01/13 07:40 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
JetStar Offline

Loc: Flatlands of Indiana
The alternate would be going through a hilly area, 3 miles longer, with no shoulders (but back roads),

The chance of being seen is probably better on the flat. Cars / trucks cresting hills with no berm is is a disaster waiting to happen either for you or a head on colision to avoid hitting you.
2005 Roadstar Warrior 1700
1978 Suzuki GS1000
2013 VW GTI 3-DOOR
2008 Mustang GT
2010 Toyota Tacoma

#3051905 - 07/01/13 08:05 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
LazyPrizm Offline

Loc: Maryland
I've biked on the shoulder of the highway on I-25 in the more rural parts of New Mexico. There weren't any signs prohibiting it, like in the more developed parts of the state. Maybe because there's no way except the highway to get between some of these towns?

That said, it really wasn't bad at all. Semi drivers were very nice and would often switch to the left lane (still a little scary). In some ways it felt safer than the back / frontage roads... rednecks honking / playing chicken with you, dogs rushing out, people tearing around turns...

#3051960 - 07/01/13 09:29 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
andrewg Offline

Loc: Covington, Wa.
Both choices seem rather poor in my opinion. I value my life enough to stay off of roads shared with cars. I used to be an avid bicyclist (up to 40-60 miles a day). I had far too many close calls and rude motorists to contend with. I only ride on designated bike paths anymore....no cars allowed.
Just my opinion.

#3052613 - 07/02/13 02:29 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: andrewg]
dailydriver Offline

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Both choices seem rather poor in my opinion. I value my life enough to stay off of roads shared with cars. I used to be an avid bicyclist (up to 40-60 miles a day). I had far too many close calls and rude motorists to contend with. I only ride on designated bike paths anymore....no cars allowed.
Just my opinion.

Yes, this is the safest option for a recreational rider, but a serious, competitive cyclist in full training mode MUST use public roads in order to be challenged by the varying terrain/wind conditions, and to be able to crank up the speed WELL ABOVE what would be acceptable (or safe) on a shared, designated path, during sprint and interval training (let alone organized/purposeful motor pace training).

You might know this yourself if you were a former racing cyclist (were you?). wink
Red Line D4 in the T56

#3052955 - 07/02/13 07:32 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: dailydriver]
andrewg Offline

Of course I know that a competitive cyclist has little choice IF they want to be in the proper condition. Where did I say that I was a former racing cyclist? I think in my whole life I raced maybe....twice? I cycled for fun. Regardless what purpose one has in mind....riding on a roadway shared with motor vehicles is dangerous as heck and not worth it for me. My life is more important than a race or any competition. Once you are dead....it's all over. For me, I don't want my eulogy to be something like..."At least he died doing what he loved". If it's all the same, I'd rather forget cycling on the road and opt for a safer outlet for my competitive spirit. Why the attitude in your post anyway? I was just expressing my opinion.

Edited by andrewg (07/02/13 07:43 PM)

#3053378 - 07/03/13 08:37 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
zzyzzx Offline

If it matters, if I do this it will be on July 4th at around 1PMish, so I assume that traffic will most likely be light.

#3053479 - 07/03/13 10:43 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
andrewg Offline

If it matters, if I do this it will be on July 4th at around 1PMish, so I assume that traffic will most likely be light.

In all sincerity the best of luck to you. I hope it goes well and you never encounter any safety issues. Make sure you wear something with high visibility of course.

#3053487 - 07/03/13 10:54 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: andrewg]
JOD Offline

Loc: PNW/WA
For me, I don't want my eulogy to be something like..."At least he died doing what he loved".

Yeah, I never really got that one. "Doing what he loved"? He loved getting hit by cars? Really?

Bike racing is pretty dangerous. I've broken enough bones to know. Most of that has actually been in competition, and not by vehicles (though I did get taken out once by a race vehicle, which happens). That said, there are things you can do to minimize the risks in training. One of them is staying off of multi-use paths except at very odd hours. Honestly, I'd rather take my chances with traffic than mom and a baby stroller and an iphone... But you have to be judicious in your choice of routes. I tend to ride the same ones over and over because they're the safest routes. Speed differential is a big one. If I'm riding at roughly the same speed that traffic can go, I feel a lot safer. Riding on the interstate? That's a pretty big speed differential..

You CAN ride on the interstate in most western states, and I've actually done it a couple of times on one route where riding 2 miles on the interstate cuts about 12 miles off of the ride. But I'm not a huge fan, and I rarely do that ride. There are almost always other, better options.

My wife commutes by bike every day, so one can safely ride on roads. But we also choose to live in a location that is pretty rideable, and not every place is like that. I used to work in the Kent valley and there's actually some decent riding down there (though with the construction down there I'm not sure that's still the case). But there are also a lot of places down there where I wouldn't be comfortable riding.

#3053627 - 07/03/13 01:28 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: JOD]
andrewg Offline

Originally Posted By: JOD
For me, I don't want my eulogy to be something like..."At least he died doing what he loved".

Yeah, I never really got that one. "Doing what he loved"? He loved getting hit by cars? Really?

Bike racing is pretty dangerous. I've broken enough bones to know. Most of that has actually been in competition, and not by vehicles (though I did get taken out once by a race vehicle, which happens). That said, there are things you can do to minimize the risks in training. One of them is staying off of multi-use paths except at very odd hours. Honestly, I'd rather take my chances with traffic than mom and a baby stroller and an iphone... But you have to be judicious in your choice of routes. I tend to ride the same ones over and over because they're the safest routes. Speed differential is a big one. If I'm riding at roughly the same speed that traffic can go, I feel a lot safer. Riding on the interstate? That's a pretty big speed differential..

You CAN ride on the interstate in most western states, and I've actually done it a couple of times on one route where riding 2 miles on the interstate cuts about 12 miles off of the ride. But I'm not a huge fan, and I rarely do that ride. There are almost always other, better options.

My wife commutes by bike every day, so one can safely ride on roads. But we also choose to live in a location that is pretty rideable, and not every place is like that. I used to work in the Kent valley and there's actually some decent riding down there (though with the construction down there I'm not sure that's still the case). But there are also a lot of places down there where I wouldn't be comfortable riding.

Good post. I know what you mean about the bike paths and mixing cyclists, strollers, inattentive walkers/joggers, and dog walkers with ten foot leashes. It has gotten to be almost as dangerous as a street (but perhaps not as deadly). I live above the Kent/Auburn valley. The riding around here has always been a bit dangerous (the past 25-30 years that I have ridden), but now it's FAR more hazardous with all the idiots on cell phones/texting etc. And even when I went the speed of the local traffic, you get these moronic fools that beep at you to get off the road or yell some obscenity out the window. Not fun. Even driving in my vehicle I have several WEEKLY close calls with these types. The bike trails in the valley are great though. Much more open than the Burke-Gilman and other trails close to Seattle. You can go a good clip very safely (except at road crossings). I've enjoyed them quite a bit for fitness rides but realize any serious racing cyclist would need to ride on the road to get the required training in. For me (now 50 years old), my common sense and judgement leads me to conclude that roads are too much a risk for cycling anymore and that I can find equal enjoyment doing other things like hiking in the mountains and long walks in the city.
I wish your wife well and hope that she stays safe out there.

Edited by andrewg (07/03/13 01:29 PM)

#3053800 - 07/03/13 04:36 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: andrewg]
dailydriver Offline

Of course I know that a competitive cyclist has little choice IF they want to be in the proper condition. Where did I say that I was a former racing cyclist? I think in my whole life I raced maybe....twice? I cycled for fun. Regardless what purpose one has in mind....riding on a roadway shared with motor vehicles is dangerous as heck and not worth it for me. My life is more important than a race or any competition. Once you are dead....it's all over. For me, I don't want my eulogy to be something like..."At least he died doing what he loved". If it's all the same, I'd rather forget cycling on the road and opt for a safer outlet for my competitive spirit. Why the attitude in your post anyway? I was just expressing my opinion.

Sorry if you sensed any attitude as NONE was inferred AT ALL! wink

The racing question was just that, a question, as I thought you may have implied (in past posts, but I was NOT sure) that you had raced at one time, and therefore would have known what I had stated in that post.

I respect and even admire your opinion on this (as well as your lack of a death wish LOL thumbsup ).

At first, I just was not sure whether or not you were stating that is is not OK for ANYONE (no matter how skilled, or careful) to be riding a bicycle on a public road (like that lunatic nutjob P.J. O'Rourke does incessantly).

But, if you were just talking about yourself, and the individual responsibility you love/hold so dear, and espouse so well, then OK, NO PROBLEM with/from me. wink
Red Line D4 in the T56

#3053808 - 07/03/13 04:46 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: JOD]
dailydriver Offline

Originally Posted By: JOD
Riding on the interstate? That's a pretty big speed differential..

Yeah, but just think of the draft you could get from the big rig 'wash'.
You could spin out a 53x11, like motorpace training without the roller backed motorbike in front of you. LOL (J/K!)
Red Line D4 in the T56

#3054150 - 07/03/13 08:48 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: dailydriver]
andrewg Offline

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Sorry if you sensed any attitude as NONE was inferred AT ALL! wink

The racing question was just that, a question, as I thought you may have implied (in past posts, but I was NOT sure) that you had raced at one time, and therefore would have known what I had stated in that post.

I respect and even admire your opinion on this (as well as your lack of a death wish LOL thumbsup ).

At first, I just was not sure whether or not you were stating that is is not OK for ANYONE (no matter how skilled, or careful) to be riding a bicycle on a public road (like that lunatic nutjob P.J. O'Rourke does incessantly).

But, if you were just talking about yourself, and the individual responsibility you love/hold so dear, and espouse so well, then OK, NO PROBLEM with/from me. wink

I should apologize actually. When I read your post and quickly responded I was at work and not in the best of moods. I have a tendency to take things wrong sometimes and I need to correct that. I did race twice...lol. Once, in a criterium....and another very short road circuit. I had planned to become more involved but settled on just riding for the fun/fitness aspects and challenging myself with personal time trials. Soon though I realized it was just too much of a risk for me to share the road with cars that often behaved threatening, for no apparent reason other than the stress and anger that seems to be common these days. Lot's of news stories lately of cyclists getting hit and/or killed. But certainly NO, I did not mean it wasn't ok for folks to ride on the side of the lane...I am PRO cyclist and get HIGHLY upset at the dangers imposed by idiot drivers. In a perfect (safer) world I, myself, would happily ride on the roads with motor vehicles. But for me, it just scares the poop out of me. The last time I rode on a street, a female school bus driver followed me around a sharp corner and nearly hit me in the head with her huge mirror. Shortly before that ride I had three teens throw empty bottles at me as I was out of the saddle climbing a steep hill (used to love that).
Maybe it's just the area I live? I don't know....but it's fine as I'm older now and enjoy other things.
Have a good one...thanks and sorry about the communication mixup!

#3055490 - 07/05/13 10:44 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
zzyzzx Offline

I ended up taking the side roads. That's mostly because I was running early and has the time for the longer route. That and the sun came out and the side roads (which were almost completely empty, unlike the highway) were shaded, where as the shorter highway shoulder route would have been in full sunshine.

#3082615 - 08/01/13 07:50 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
vintagegz Offline

Loc: oshawa, ON
It is interesting because I remember cycling in a large group training ride in Belgium about 15 years ago, about 60 people riding 2 abreast on a major highway, it even had the bicycle lane markings, as cars whizzed past at around 100 kph on my left, and then the guys up front put their left hand out to be making a left turn across 2 lanes of highway traffic, the car beside me is almost locking up its brakes to avoid hitting anyone ( you must be very careful in Belgium as a driver not to hit a cyclist ) and watching the whole mini peleton swing left across the road to make the turn, but no honking of horns, no other drama, just normal life in Belgium!

#3082982 - 08/01/13 02:42 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: vintagegz]
dailydriver Offline

Yes, well it DOES help that they are a cycling CRAZY nation, and their champion cyclists are considered national HEROES maybe even more so than our stick and ball sports supastars are here!
It may still even be a more popular sport there than football (soccer), at least from a spectators' point of view, what with all of the little town/neighborhood 'kermesses' there (what we call criteriums here) and such. wink

I could only WISH that cycling was that popular/respected here, with track world championships shown on TV, and riders out training shown THAT kind of respect/courtesy. (I guess it's just not violent enough for the U.S. sports public though.) frown

#3289677 - 02/21/14 03:12 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
Cubey Offline

Loc: All over the place (in RV)
It's illegal. Most (if not all) states have signs posted at on-ramps saying no pedestrians, bicycles, motor driven cycles, etc. Sometimes even state or US highways that are limited access (like interstates) have the same type of signs.

#3350680 - 04/22/14 11:14 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
UncleLee Offline

Loc: texas
You don't drive your car on the rail road tracks..so why would you ride a bicycle in the road. The tax payers in my area have paid for over 100 miles of bicycle trails, and people still ride on the road. absolute nuisance if you ask me. Not to mention very unsafe. Not only for the cyclist but for on coming traffic as fustrated drivers move into the on coming lane to get around them.

#3350689 - 04/22/14 11:44 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: UncleLee]
andrewg Offline

Originally Posted By: UncleLee
You don't drive your car on the rail road tracks..so why would you ride a bicycle in the road. The tax payers in my area have paid for over 100 miles of bicycle trails, and people still ride on the road. absolute nuisance if you ask me. Not to mention very unsafe. Not only for the cyclist but for on coming traffic as fustrated drivers move into the on coming lane to get around them.

Contact your legislators....organize....and change the law. Until then, they are legally abiding by the law and as a result, you must share the road with them.

#3350862 - 04/23/14 08:00 AM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: zzyzzx]
Cujet Offline

Loc: Jupiter, Florida
I've bicycled on divided highways, with dedicated bike lanes, that were just like, but not in fact, interstates. During heavy traffic, when cars/trucks go by at 75-80 MPH, the draft is amazing and cyclist speeds pick up nicely.

I did not find it scary or otherwise dangerous. The car-to-cyclist distance is increased in such configurations and I'd say it's far safer than a busy 2 lane without a dedicated bike lane.

#3351157 - 04/23/14 02:23 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: UncleLee]
eljefino Online   content

Loc: ME

Actually, stuff like pedestrians, horses, farm equipment, and bicyclists, have an absolute right to the roads, while motor vehicles have a privilege. This is why the latter have to yield to the former.

A motorist has to turn a steering wheel and change speed via controls. Boo hoo. A cyclist has to exercise. And he's saving the rest of us some petroleum to use later.

#3351556 - 04/23/14 10:38 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: UncleLee]
javacontour Online   content

Loc: Illinois
Perhaps, but there are far more automotive annoyances on the road than bicyclists.

If your biggest problem on the roads is bicycles, I may want to move where you live. Because around here, 1000:1 it's the cars that cause me the most headaches regardless if I'm in my car or on a bike.

I suspect it's not the vehicle they choose, but the fact that a certain percentage of folks are knuckleheads.

It's just sheer numbers. There are far more motorists than bicyclists. Neither is better than the other at following the rules and laws.

#3352073 - 04/24/14 03:52 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: UncleLee]
JOD Offline

Loc: PNW/WA

Your thoughts seem pretty common in Texas, one of many reasons I'll never go there...

I have news for you, most cyclists pay a lot in taxes as well (I know I certainly do), and roads are for cyclists as well as drivers. Of course, I realize that you're more important, so the cyclists are just a nuisance to you...

Most multi-use paths are not suitable for bikes traveling at a reasonable rate of speed, which is why I avoid them unless there are no other options.

#3354768 - 04/27/14 03:47 PM Re: Biking on an interstate highway (on the shoulder) [Re: eljefino]
dailydriver Offline

Originally Posted By: eljefino
You don't drive your car on the rail road tracks..so why would you ride a bicycle in the road. The tax payers in my area have paid for over 100 miles of bicycle trails, and people still ride on the road. absolute nuisance if you ask me. Not to mention very unsafe. Not only for the cyclist but for on coming traffic as frustrated drivers move into the on coming lane to get around them.

Actually, stuff like pedestrians, horses, farm equipment, and bicyclists, have an absolute right to the roads, while motor vehicles have a privilege. This is why the latter have to yield to the former.

A motorist has to turn a steering wheel and change speed via controls. Boo hoo. A cyclist has to exercise. And he's saving the rest of us some petroleum to use later.

THANK YOU!! thumbsup

The WORST driving offenders in this area are the pickup driving, hard core rednecks who would shoot to kill IF they could get away with it, and the snooty, uppity, yuppiedrones on their phones, in their big buck luxomobiles who think they OWN the road, and feel you are just in their way and costing them their precious, 'N.Y. minute' time. mad
Red Line D4 in the T56

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >