2006 Honda Accord LX detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
The detail job wasnt anything too special. Started out by washing it with a mix of Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax mixed with Armor All Wash and Wax, once I finished washing/drying it I put on a coat of Zaino Z5, then topped it off with Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax. Then I vacuumed out the interior and applied Armor All to all plastic/hard parts of the interior. Finished by spraying down the tires with Meguiars Hot Shine tire spray. This is the Accord in my sig. Just thought I would share, and show you what she looks like =)

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/gregorybrainard24/story/41265#

I know the pics arent the best they were taken with my phone. Honestly probably better than our camera lol.

Last edited:
Nice job! It's really amazing how well some of these older Japanese cars hold up cosmetically. My neighbor has an early 90's Accord that's an attractive aquamarine color. He doesn't have a garage, only a carport, so the car is always partially exposed. It looks pretty much like new inside and out from a distance and about 98% up close. He does wash and wax it regularly.

Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
Nice job! It's really amazing how well some of these older Japanese cars hold up cosmetically. My neighbor has an early 90's Accord that's an attractive aquamarine color. He doesn't have a garage, only a carport, so the car is always partially exposed. It looks pretty much like new inside and out from a distance and about 98% up close. He does wash and wax it regularly.

lol, i hope my car isnt considered "older" maybe it is by some standards...but yes its held up well i think. The only think showings its age is the break pedal (a little rubber worn away), a couple rock chips on the front, and some of the fabric on the back doors is starting to come unglued from the middle. Not bad at all though. I really like this car alot, hope to have 5 more years of trouble free driving. And I do this routine every week...except the zaino. that is done every couple months.

It's funny how people have told you the armor all for the interior is no good and you still keep using it because people complement you on the shine. The tire treatment is bad too because it dries the rubber out faster and browns the rubber

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Here is my Accord:

beautiful accord...im going to look for something with leather interior and a sunroof next. Well im not going to throw out the armor all, i might use something different next time though. Im honestly not worried about it, ive used it for 5 years an never had an issue. And as for tire shine, ive used that for 5 years as well...tires still look new.

It's about long term damage, not hurting it in the last 5 years doesn't mean it won't effect it five years from now

Originally Posted By: silverrat
It's about long term damage, not hurting it in the last 5 years doesn't mean it won't effect it five years from now

ok well i am on a budget...what would you recommend to remove armor all, and what would you use after that?

I think the myths about Armor All damaging stuff are just that....myths. I have been a pro detailer for decades and never saw a car that used Armor All that had damage to it that could be traced to the Armor All. Saw many cars where the owner used Armor All or requested it to be applied and years later that same car looked new. Plus the Armor All of yesterday is not the same as today. It has been reformulated many times over the years. I think it is safe.
With that said there are much better products. I have been using Vinylex with outstanding results and I think it does a good job of preventing deterioration. I have not used it long enough to know for sure but it is a nice product as is 303.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: silverrat

ok well i am on a budget...what would you recommend to remove armor all, and what would you use after that?

I would try Mothers VLR for the interior if you want a readily available, over-the-counter product.

I just got done doing some research...is meguiars natural shine any good? and how will i remove the armor all?

Chemical Guys Silk Shine Dressing

You can use it to clean/dress the interior ( not leather ) and use it on the outside as tire+trim dressing. Gives a nice flat finish with no glossy shine and is non greasy to touch.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
...and how will i remove the armor all?

Don't let the folks parroting internet myths and rumors spook you. Armor All isn't going to hurt your vinyl and tire dressing won't harm your tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back