Kia Borrego Mobilfluid LT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, i just bought a used used 2009 Kia Borrego v6 3.8 all wheel drive with 36k miles. catching up on maintenance although vehicle looks good( original tires and battery). i change out the fornt and rear axle fluids with valvoline 80/90 dino.(kia specs 90w oil). checked t/case and it requires Mobilfluid LT and no one has this stuff. only in a 5 gal pail. is there an equivilant for this stuff. the transfer case looks like a borg warner unit. the jeeps with AWD nvg t/cases 247 use i believe the mobilfluid 424. anyone know what other transfer cases use this special fluid.what to do??

Last edited:
It should be a 75w-80 fluid I believe the Amsoil fluid meets 75w80/90 specs.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/transmission-fluid/manual/manual-transmission-and-transaxle-gear-lube-75w-90/?page=%2fstorefront%2fmtg.aspx

You could always buy the five gallons and have extra :)

yeah right, i'll change the t/case fluid every oil change and still have some left till 300K. LOL.

haven't dump in it 75w 80 fluid because of the friction mods it needs cause of the torque on demand all wheel drive system/clutches, etc

FYI, no luck finding this stuff in anything less than 5 gals. someone has to have quart size containers just labeled differently. the mobil fluid LT has about the same viscosity as atf 7.2 cst, its mainly used in tractor transmissions.
the newer borg warner trasfer cases in dodge chrysler vehicles require the mopar transfer case lubricant, does anyone know what is this stuff, might be mobilfluid lt in a smaller package. BTW i emailed borg warner and no reply yet. been over a week.

Well if anyone runs into this odd fluid requirement. I have found the solution. i emailed borg warner and they got back to me. turns out the borgwarner 44-40 tcase in dodge LX body cars (charger,etc) with awd spec this fluid also and mopar sells it by the quarts. a bit pricey though at 30 bucks a quart but better than buying a 160.00 dollar 5 gal pail only o having it sit there til it goes bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back