Techron = WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't comment either way. I have not used the product. As with most additives, I have not seen any data on effectiveness. People here seem to like though.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BlazerLT:
Where can we buy this in Canada?

I believe its sold inder the GM brand as "Fuel System Treatment Plus."
I've used it and it seems to improve throttle response and idle smoothness.

quote:

Originally posted by mpower:

quote:

Is there anyway to confirm this?

Many years ago I had some fuel injector problems with a Toyota in the late 80s. I remember trying about 3 different so called fuel injection cleaners they did not help at all. Than I tried Chevron Fuel injection cleaner. One bottle in one tank helped a fair amount. So I ran another bottle through the next tank of gas. By the end of the 2nd tank it was like night and day difference, the motor ran like new again. Since than I run about 3 bottles of chevron fuel injection cleaner through all my vehicles every year. This stuff flat out works. Its the only gas additive I've used in many years now and very happy with the results of Chevrons product.

quote:

Originally posted by HACCOFFICER:
quote:

Originally posted by sky jumper:
was that 3 doses in a row?? get a UOA and check for high copper/lead. that much techron is bound to get in your crankcase and shed some bearings.

Has that been proven to happen?

depends on what you consider to be proof. my last UOA showed highly elevated copper after back to back techron and regane. I don't think a single treatment of techron would cause this, but 2 or 3 in a row...
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003458
there's plenty of evidence in the UOA section to show LC/FP do not elevate Cu or Pb, so it must be the 1-2 punch of techron & regane.

quote:

Why?? techron is a poly amine not a solvent
bruce

but the msds clearly states 35% stoddard solvent and 7% naptha solvent. plus its main ingredient (petroleum distillates) is also a solvent. plus it has benzene and xylene. these are very strong chemicals.

[ May 23, 2006, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: sky jumper ]

"but the msds clearly states 35% stoddard solvent and 7% naptha solvent. plus its main ingredient (petroleum distillates) is also a solvent. plus it has benzene and xylene. these are very strong chemicals"

Agreed But all that is in gasoline, I guess I do not think you could get enought blow by of the techron at 1 or 2 bottles per tank to do anything.

I guess unless you had a big blow by problem in the first place even then what would it hurt, just clean things no?
bruce

Funny thing is techron is more comprised of solvents than FP60 is and more of it is needed in your tank......its a marketing game people.

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's listed here: GM Vehicle Care Products

-

quote:

Originally posted by LTVibe:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's listed here: GM Vehicle Care Products

-

What I meant is was there any way in confirming that this stuff is the same as Techron?

Since the thread has morphed into a "where to get Techron in Canada" thread, I thought I would remind everyone that Chevron and Texaco in Canada would have Techron in the fuel.

Since we are turning this into a "where do you get techron in Canada?" thread...

As BlazerLT stated I would not rely on the bottle shape. There are 3 or 4 other Chevron Products sold in the same bottle that have either less or none of the PEA that we are looking for. Same is true of the Gumout product line, and the lesser Gumout products are available at Canadian Tire but the Regane is nowhere to be found.

Alberta and BC have Chevron Stations so it should be pretty easy to get way out west. Other than that I have not seen it for sale anywhere. I did once find a place in Kitchener and another in Oshawa (each about an hour either side of Toronto) that advertised it online, but I can't remember what they were. I expect they are bringing it in from the US, or maybe there is a distributor serving perfomrance shops that carry it.

I have bought it at Walmart when in the US, and there are online large online retailers like Midway.

Years ago I used Techron on a throtle body injector on a Sunbird. The car was idling rough, and taking off the air cleaner you could see the injector dripping. When I put the Techron in the tank it quickly changed to a nice spray, no dripping, so it was visually apparent that it worked......

quote:

Originally posted by peterr:
Since we are turning this into a "where do you get techron in Canada?" thread...

As BlazerLT stated I would not rely on the bottle shape. There are 3 or 4 other Chevron Products sold in the same bottle that have either less or none of the PEA that we are looking for. Same is true of the Gumout product line, and the lesser Gumout products are available at Canadian Tire but the Regane is nowhere to be found.

Alberta and BC have Chevron Stations so it should be pretty easy to get way out west. Other than that I have not seen it for sale anywhere. I did once find a place in Kitchener and another in Oshawa (each about an hour either side of Toronto) that advertised it online, but I can't remember what they were. I expect they are bringing it in from the US, or maybe there is a distributor serving perfomrance shops that carry it.

I have bought it at Walmart when in the US, and there are online large online retailers like Midway.

Thank you!
smile.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

I remember buying this at a Chevron station a few years back...it was around $10 or $20 if I remember correctly.

They may have it behind the counter at the gas station as its popular with shoplifters....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back