'11 Ford F350 6.7L / Schaeffer's 5w40 / 7,018 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my latest UOA on my '11 F350 6.7L. Truck is DPF & EGR Deleted.

I switched to T6 5W-40. Hoping to see a drop in sodium.

Any advice on next OCI? 10k? 12.5k?

What is sump capacity on that engine? Looks like you left a lot on the table there. seems you could double your oci but maybe pull a sample at 10,000 to see how it's doing (??) That is excellent report but oil was just getting "broke in"... Nice truck

Sump Capacity: 13qts

Unfortunately I dumped this batch of oil. Oil Life Monitor light illuminated "Change Oil Soon". So I did...Next OCI I will strive to break 10k.

Why does Schaeffer's add Sodium to there oil?

I was assuming your warranty is gone with egr deleted. If you still have warranty then I think you should go with the olm. I thought you had larger sump, too. Sodium is detergent in some oils but not sure if thats the case in this oil. I would guess it is but...(?) It's showing up in other samples of same oil anyway.

Originally Posted By: Balla

Why does Schaeffer's add Sodium to there oil?

Sodium
"This is most commonly used as a corrosion inhibitor additive, and occasionally can indicate a coolant leak into the oil. Concentration levels vary greatly depending on oil brand."

Taken from the UOA explanation on the BITOG homepage.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
I was assuming your warranty is gone with egr deleted. If you still have warranty then I think you should go with the olm. I thought you had larger sump, too. Sodium is detergent in some oils but not sure if thats the case in this oil. I would guess it is but...(?) It's showing up in other samples of same oil anyway.

I wouldn't say my Warranty is "gone." There's ways around it.

Dealer can't prove if you have extended beyond factory OCI parameters if you reset your oil life to new, when it appears. Its not like we are neglecting are trucks.

I have used Scheaffer's 9000 5w-40 since 2,711 mi. This is the 1st OCI that I switched to T6 5W-40. Didn't want to bother ordering oil anymore, I am over that stage of my maintenance/oil addiction...lol

A 10k interval with the Schaeffers 9000 5-40 and beyond is very doable here. It will be interesting to see the next couple of uoa's with rotella.

Originally Posted By: salesrep
A 10k interval with the Schaeffers 9000 5-40 and beyond is very doable here. It will be interesting to see the next couple of uoa's with rotella.

Interesting indeed as I think I already know what the results are going to be.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
Originally Posted By: salesrep

Interesting indeed as I think I already know what the results are going to be.

Please Explain^ ? ? ?

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
That oil load could have gone much further. Shame to dump expensive syns with so much life left.

I wont be dumping this new batch of oil per the OLM. I'll sample @ 7-8k.

I'm fond of T6, but look at the add pack in that 9000...awesome. I've got two cases at home, great stuff. Nice uoa.

Yeah Schaeffer's is awesome!
Great UOA and I agree I wish you would have stuck with it.

I myself run Schaeffer's 9000 5w40 in my 1997 7.3l and love it!
I also run their ATF and diff oil. hah There is a local vendor so I don't have to order it though...

A friend on the truck forum runs the 9000 5w40 in his 96 7.3 and has a 12 micron primary and a 4 micron bypass filter and takes it out to 15k!
If I recall correctly he takes analysis at 7500 and 12k and has always been told go further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back