Spark plug choices for Chevrolet Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.
NGK Laser Iridium vs. Denso IT16 Iridium vs. Bosch Iridium vs. E3 Premium DiamondFire Electrode...Which would be best for the vehicle in my signature?

E3, No, Have heard and experienced nothing but bad about them.
Bosch, No.... Not a German Car.
I'm partial to NGK's, but split them vs the Denso's based on price & availability.

Thanks for the replies so far...the E3 sound gimmicky to me also. The car has 151k and to my knowledge it has the original plugs.

Originally Posted By: 2James1
NGK Laser Iridium vs. Denso IT16 Iridium vs. Bosch Iridium vs. E3 Premium DiamondFire Electrode...Which would be best for the vehicle in my signature?

Thanks for the replies so far...the E3 sound gimmicky to me also. The car has 151k and to my knowledge it has the original plugs.

Why not just use the OEM AC Delco Iridiums? They are an excellent plug. The car has 150K on the originals you think so what better testament to a great spark plug?

Part # should be 41–101( you have the 3.5L right? ). Just $6.99 a plug at AAP and with the coupons you can get here on the rebates/promotions forum you can get them for pretty cheap.

Nothing against the plugs above( except the E3's - never in a car - small engines ok - cars no )but for your vehicle it is a no brainer. The OEM Ac plugs are the ticket.

Why not AC-Delco?

I think the AC plug spec'd for that car is dual platinum. 41- something rather than the R45TS type numbers.

Just curious. I like NGK and Denso too.

Well it's definitely a very good point that if the oem plugs have lasted this long they are a good quality plug...I just thought maybe I could get even better plugs for around the same price or $2 or $3 more a plug...with the thought in mind that you get what you pay for even though I know that's not always the case.

The original Acdelco is basically the same as the NGK laser iridium at a lower price and the best plug for that car.

Autolite Double platinums are a great plug and priced less. It goes "spark" just like the more $$$ plugs.

NKG and Denso work in all cars amazingly

Ac-Delco would be good choice , they work with american car makers to bring an nice bang for buck ratio.

anything else I wouldnt touch.

Iridium are the OEM plugs. I changed my daughter's Malibu Maxx plugs at 110,000 miles and they looked BRAND NEW. That made me an advocate for Iridium Plugs, go with OEM !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back