2 year old Maaco paint job with major issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I am lost for words. I do not understand FastEddie's business at all. Somebody who has that 1934 Mercedes as a customer does not need to cheapen himself to detail a two year old Maaco paint job.

Money is money! From Concours to caca it all makes a paycheck. I only turned down two jobs when detailing....both were cars repainted in Mexico. Quality was job none and I wouldn't touch them as the paint was already coming off.

But my other point was that the customer could have got another repaint cheaper than employing FastEddie's services! And the new repaint would last longer than the detail job!!

I know some of you are thinking I am kidding but seriously, a good detailing job costs way more than Maaco paint job and FastEddie is not good, he is GREAT!!

That may be so but without knowing the cost of the restoration vs a Maaco paint job it's guesswork at best.

Internet search for coupon shows "Maaco $199 Paint Special Ambassador"

I will be shocked if either of you would even bother to pick up your buffer for that kind of money! Even a hack detail would cost in that ballpark or more. People with your kind of talent don't need these jobs to put the food on the table. Obviously, you might accept it for a special customer or when the times are extremely lean but that would be very rare case.

Since Rick you are retired from the business, you might be able to be more forthcoming about my wild rear-end guesses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back