Vigor Brand Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any experience with them, but I noticed the felt end cap on the bottom of the pictured filter is mis-aligned. Not a good sign IMO.

Cartridge filters are such an unknown nobody seems to know the efficiencies of any of them either.

Maybe you could run one through the ringer and post it up here, then we'd all be a little the wiser.

Wow at first glance I thought it was felt which is fairly common on cartridge filters, but it does look like styrofoam now that you mention it.

I'll take some pics tonight and then I'll need to figure out how to load them on here.

Looks like it could be felt me. Checked the Fram equivalent CH8278 and it looks to use felt too.

Even Mahle, a respected name, now makes some Hyundai/Kia OEMs using felt endcaps. Mahle Hyundai Oem pics.

As for Vigor, might be just fine.
21.gif

Got some in today that I had ordered to try. Fresh out the box I cut one open to see. the felt ends are glued on and not attached very well. The black cap ends are solid plastic with the filter media glued to them. These ends were on very well as I was not able to pry them off by hand. The glue job on the end caps is a bit messy. Here's some pics

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8FD248E76030E253!124&authkey=!AGL2aPZ4aAWv5TI

FWIW, I have run a couple of these VIGOR filters in my Tundra and Prius with no issues. Inspection after changed showed nothing for me to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back