scoping my Super Blackhawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and im looking at the Bushnell Elite 2-6x32 in silver finish to match the gun. Amazon price is around $290 with free shipping. I have a ton of Bushnell scopes and one Elite scope on a 77/44 rifle. Ive never scoped a pistol before (atleast for myself) anyone familiar with this particular scope at all, the Weaver is about 1/2 the cost of the Elite and a Leupold is almost $500

Opinions ?

I have personally mounted a lot of scopes in the past.

One tip I have learned is to use GE clear Silicone on the mounts to prevent it from sliding forward in the rings from recoil and vibration.

Nothing is more sad than having long scrapes on a brand new scope body.

As for the scopes themselves, do tons of research and read reviews. It is a very long term investment.

The scope you are looking at is of decent quality. You should be OK with that. I have never used the Weaver before so I can't give you much help there but I do know that the Leupold has amazing clarity and an unbeatable warranty!

You might find that the 2x6 power range will be a bit on the high side unless you shoot off a bench or rest. I am now only using thee higher magnification scopes on handguns that see shooting distances in the 200 to 300 meter range. (see below)

You might want to look at Burris Signature Zee Rings. The plastic insert holds the scope rock steady and eliminates any chances of scratching the scope tube.

Last edited:
I'll take that back, 2x6 might be OK for general purpose shooting. I was thinking about my Burris 3x12 when I wrote the above comment.

Just remember to dial back the magnification all the way down if you go out hunting.

Is is really important to look thru all the scopes you are thinking about buying. Clarity, field of view and the size of the eyebox at higher magnifications can vary greatly.

If you can't get the opportunity to look thru them all, I would suggest just getting the Leupold. You can't go wrong there.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back