Which of these fuels should I make my permanent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard from all kinds of places that it's best to pick a gasoline, and stick with it. Not to change gas stations and fuels.

So the car your recommendation is for my:
2008 Mercury Milan Premier 3.0L; Duratech engine. Automatic trans

This recommendation is for permanent, everyday, every fill up fuel. I don't plan to change once I get the best available in my. I am taking your recommendation with a simple explanation so I can educate myself.

I am wise that Cheaper gas is sometimes the best. So here are my options, all close to my house, in order of closest. Many are close to price, so price probably isn't going to be the deciding factor. All seamed equally busy, so assume freshness is the same. Nothing is father than 10 miles.

Prices as of of 6/15/2013 in 08876 are NJ

BRAND______87oct_______93___DISTANCE_____SPECIALS
Sunoco______ 3.33_______3.71___0.8m__________.05 cents off 93 on Tues/Sat
BP___________3.33_______3.65___1.3m__________.05 cents off 93 Mon/Fri, All their gas 87 91 93 all have the "invigorate"
Raceway_____ 3.27_______3.67___2.9m__________none
Hess________ 3.29_______3.79___4.0m__________none
Gulf_________3.27_______3.77___5.8m__________ 0.06 cents off 93 Sun/Wed
Exxon_______ 3.29_______3.69___7.4m__________none
Citgo________3.27_______3.67___8.8m__________none

So if these were your options, which would you make you PERMANENT fuel, if you buy into the not switching gas premise. All 87s are pretty close in price, so I think it comes down to which is the best quality, and if you can, please give a quick reason why, to educate me. I am open to learning.
smile.gif

Thanks for your time and effort in an informative answer, also, thank you from all those you've helped as well.....
smile.gif

Raceway. Why pay more? You have a domestic engine thats not turbo'ed, it'll pretty much run on water. Besides Raceway will likely have high turnover with that price, so the fuel will be fresher.

Expect a huge landslide of arguments that cheap gas is evil now.

I want to leave and enter traffic without crossing the on coming lanes. That is more important to me than what brand the gas is.

Originally Posted By: andyd
I want to leave and enter traffic without crossing the on coming lanes. That is more important to me than what brand the gas is.

so you mix different brands of gasses?

-----------

what makes gas top tier. there is only 1 top tier on my list.

I though everyone would like BP invigorate. I am glad I am learning. I was way off in what I though was good gas...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 07734
I've heard from all kinds of places that it's best to pick a gasoline, and stick with it. Not to change gas stations and fuels.

So the car your recommendation is for my:
2008 Mercury Milan Premier 3.0L; Duratech engine. Automatic trans

This recommendation is for permanent, everyday, every fill up fuel. I don't plan to change once I get the best available in my. I am taking your recommendation with a simple explanation so I can educate myself.

I am wise that Cheaper gas is sometimes the best. So here are my options, all close to my house, in order of closest. Many are close to price, so price probably isn't going to be the deciding factor. All seamed equally busy, so assume freshness is the same. Nothing is father than 10 miles.

Prices as of of 6/15/2013 in 08876 are NJ

BRAND______87oct_______93___DISTANCE_____SPECIALS
Sunoco______ 3.33_______3.71___0.8m__________.05 cents off 93 on Tues/Sat
BP___________3.33_______3.65___1.3m__________.05 cents off 93 Mon/Fri, All their gas 87 91 93 all have the "invigorate"
Raceway_____ 3.27_______3.67___2.9m__________none
Hess________ 3.29_______3.79___4.0m__________none
Gulf_________3.27_______3.77___5.8m__________ 0.06 cents off 93 Sun/Wed
Exxon_______ 3.29_______3.69___7.4m__________none
Citgo________3.27_______3.67___8.8m__________none

So if these were your options, which would you make you PERMANENT fuel, if you buy into the not switching gas premise. All 87s are pretty close in price, so I think it comes down to which is the best quality, and if you can, please give a quick reason why, to educate me. I am open to learning.
smile.gif

Thanks for your time and effort in an informative answer, also, thank you from all those you've helped as well.....
smile.gif

Of your options, only Exxon is a top tier gasoline - ergo, that is my recommendation.

i understand that, what makes it top tier? that website just said additives.

anything beised 1 word? like any research, or science more in depth that 1 website's 1 paragraph? just wanting to know for my own knowledge....

do top tier gases have numbers? how much good detergent do they have in it? must be a study out there people base this off of...

use any gas station you are around when you need gas. all gas is the same. sure some additives are slightly different but there is no need to only run one brand of gas.

i rarely use the same station 2 times in a row. That ford you have will not care if the gas is citgo, shell, BP, gulf, exxon, raceway, ect... it will burn all of them. Also use 87 you will likely see no benefit in using a higher grade in that engine. you will just be tossing 30 extra cents per gallon out the window.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
Originally Posted By: 07734
how is top tier measured?

I only buy top tier gasoline:

Top Tier Gas Retailers

thumbsup2.gif

76 is "Top Tier," but not Sunoco.
Kwicky-Mart is "Top Tier," but not BP.
I don't know what to make of this.

Some gas stations in my area offer regular with no ethanol in it for close to the price as of 10% ethanol. I'd go with that if it's available in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back