Amsoil 5W30 Euro, 2010 Jetta TDI, 8799 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my latest UOA on my 2010 Jetta TDI. I had been getting not so great UOA on the factory Castrol LL-03, so I switched over to Amsoil 5W30 Euro (AELQT) and have been going shorter runs than the 10K miles that VW says that it will do. This is my first run on the Amsoil 5W30 Euro which meets VW 507.00 spec. I will push out the run to 10K miles on the next run with which I stayed with the Amsoil. Comments are welcome and appreciated.

I am sure you have been asked this a million times but What is up with the potassium? Trends are better so keep this oil and see how it goes with 10k OCI's. Thanks for sharing!

My wear metals didn't settle and the break-in contaminants disappear until 80k. FWIW

250k now and I'm fully broken in. '02 TDI

The UOAs at 80k and 125 are in the Diesel section.

I am not sure what is up with the potassium. I have heard that it may be from the manufacturing process (flux) since there is no water or insolubles present, and to not worry about it. But it still bugs me, and the iron as well. But if others have had to wait to 80K to come down, then maybe I am ok. I guess I am just more familiar with the gas engine UOA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back