mazda 6 1.8 petrol 2008 oil requrement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all.

anyone here knows what oil requirement mazda has for the 1.8 petrol engine in a mazda 6 2008?

i think to remember they have another system then API/ACEA.

thanks

søren :)

I believe the engine wasn't used here in North America, at least not after the Protege was gone. The 2.0L was the smallest engine of the 2008 vintage Mazdas here, and all called for 5W-20. The 1.8L engines would have called for 5W-30 in the U.S. and Canada IIRC. I would use a good synthetic 5W-30 and call it a day...

I would think you're fine with anything in that engine from 0W-20 to 5W-40 (some U.S. 2009 Mazda6's actually had a listing for that weight specifically in the manual, which is unusual here). But that would have been for the 3.7L V6 beastie they had...

I was thinkin of going that way :)

Now my next problem will be finding a full saps 5-30 oil. Here almost all 5-30 are low saps

I wouldn't worry about saps as long as I wasn't being one.
smile.gif

I think Ford of Europe (then Mazda's parent company more-or-less) seemed to like Castrol Edge 0W-30 in a lot of their cars. I think maybe that or Mobil 1 0W-30 or 0W-40 might do the job for you. Shell Helix also makes a great line-up...

IMHO unless you engine is burning oil (e.g. Wenkel engine ala: Renesis, or older RX7 types), otherwise, SAPs or low SAPs shouldn't be an issue.

Q.

No i don.t have manual.. unfortunatly.

But think i will wait buying the oil till i have the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back