Lucas UCL and oil analysis results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone see Lucas skew thier UOA results? Just curious, as this stuff seems to make a difference in my vehicles. I've see talk that Lucas *may* affect analysis results, but does anyone have conclusive proof?

I've never had a UOA done on any vehicle but I also 'feel' a difference with Lucas UCL in my gas tank. The cars definitely feel smoother and seem
to have less inertia holding them back IMO.

quote:

Originally posted by gudmund:
have done 6 oil samples-5 at 10thou each and 1 at 15thou(M1 EP) and all 6 have done fine(65thou miles worth) Have used UCL since 37thou miles on this car and today it has 136+thou on it and overall I have averaged +2mpg more using it. The car's EPA rating was 39-43new -averaged 41 the first 37thou and since, the last almost 100thou, 43.03 mpg. I have a 10.3gal tank and add 2oz. per 6 to 8gal fillup. My oil samples were posted in the oil sample section a few months ago. 98 Suzuki Swift 15000miles using Mobil 1 EP. It was around the first of this year. Had a 96 Geo Metro before that I never used UCL in and it averaged the same 41mpg(same EPA rating 39-43) for the 216+thou I drove it also(todays car- same, just newer) wish I had used it back than.

This is something that I was curious about and asked in another thread. Thanks for posting this information.

No and Redline Si1 does not skew results either. In a six month time fram I ran Lucas at each fill up and Redline and even some B-12 and did not have any skewed results. I only passed about a 1/2 can of B-12 through it though. While B-12 has sometimes skewed results Lucas,Redline,Regaine and Techron all seems to be safe!

have done 6 oil samples-5 at 10thou each and 1 at 15thou(M1 EP) and all 6 have done fine(65thou miles worth) Have used UCL since 37thou miles on this car and today it has 136+thou on it and overall I have averaged +2mpg more using it. The car's EPA rating was 39-43new -averaged 41 the first 37thou and since, the last almost 100thou, 43.03 mpg. I have a 10.3gal tank and add 2oz. per 6 to 8gal fillup. My oil samples were posted in the oil sample section a few months ago. 98 Suzuki Swift 15000miles using Mobil 1 EP. It was around the first of this year. Had a 96 Geo Metro before that I never used UCL in and it averaged the same 41mpg(same EPA rating 39-43) for the 216+thou I drove it also(todays car- same, just newer) wish I had used it back than.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back