Ring cleaning on limited-use vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm putting the small block from my Nova into my truck (it's a long, miserable story)... I'd like to clean the ring packs, but I don't want to overhaul the whole engine. AutoRx would probably work well, except that it would take forever for me to rack up the necessary mileage. Is there another way to clean the ring packs? Maybe a Molasoak followed by... something?

ARX is usually very effective on ring packs very early on in the cleaning phase. Should get some real cleaning in just 300-500 miles. Lots of heat and pressure at the ring/wall interface. This is the area of a motor that will achieve results first.

Can you explain why you say "you want a deep metal cleaning not a surface clean"?

I assume you mean ARX does deep clean while LC only does surface?

If that is what you stated, if you leave LC in there for several miles (say 10,000), will not if have the same effect as the 2,000 miles ARX clean?

NovaMan,

I agree with Rich21 and Frank cleaning of your ring packs properly and not a hurry up method.I will help your gas miles and everbody is looking for gas savings.

Daryl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back