MMO a decent add?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know MMO does the upper cylinder lube thang, but does it boost detergency for cheap gas? Octane?

Or just a waste/hindrence? Haven't heard much recent about MMO lately?

I like MMO a lot. You can't beat the price and availability.

After using a BITOG-endorsed fuel additive for several thousand miles in a Mazda truck with a bad lifter tick, I dumped a 1/2 quart of MMO into the fuel and the tick went away as soon as the MMO hit the injectors. It also stabilizes the fuel. I run it in all my small engines, too.

I wouldn't put it in the oil.

Buy it and try it, I think you'll like it. If you don't like it, you haven't lost much.

toocrazy2youu, search this subsection using the acronym "MMO" and you'll find a lot of info.

This old and common additive has already been discussed at length here.

--- Bror Jace

Ive used MMO in a number of cars, some new... My only issue is that unlike FP, if you overdose, MPG decreases SEVERELY. I recall a few other members noted the same thing.

JMH

I've been using MMO in my 92 Accord since last September. The label says to go 4 ounces per 10 gallons but I usually put 6-8 per 10 gallons. Hard to say how much good it's done, but it certainly hasn't done anything bad. My average fuel mileage doesn't seem to be affected with double-dosing. I keep rough track of my mileage by resetting the trip meter when I refuel when my low fuel light comes on. On another note, I noticed some red tinted deposits on the insulators of my plugs when I last had them out. Don't know if that came from the MMO or not.

Actually, I have used it in my old car, but haven't messed with it in the new one. Kinda hinky about whether the MMO can foul the cat or abuse sensors in a new car. The 92 I used to have, that was a testing ground, but with a new car, I dunno. You running it in a beater? A new car?

Meanwhile, thanks!

The only time I add it to oil is when the car is due for a change. I've added a pint about 500 miles before I did the change. The oil was good and dark when it came out. Like previously posters have stated,a few ounces per fill up in the gas seems to work well.

I use it in everything at the rate of 8oz per
10 gallons. Cars Van Boat Jet Ski and small engines. Good stuff. Not only is it an upper
cylinder lube but it lubes fuel injectors as
well. If you have ever seen a motor apart that
has used it you could see how clean it keeps
everything

MMO *seemed* to make my idle smoother and car run a little smoother. No MPG increase. FP60 and Lucas UCL give me a MPG increase, but don't seem as smooth as the MMO. I also believe that FP and UCL clean better than MMO does. So it depends on what you're going after in your fuel additive, but they all make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back