Auto-RX and a 2000 12V VR6 Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am about 50 miles into the first part of the Auto-RX treatment. I have a minor oil leak, and this is why I have decided to use ARX. I am the second owner of this vehicle, and after I purchased it, I went to synthetic motor oils, and got an oil leak. Now I have Castrol GTX 10w30 and 12oz of ARX. It is running like CRAP at the moment. A lot worse then before the ARX. Any suggestions?

Coop0129,

The instructions for seal leaks is use non synthetic oil 50 miles is not enough miles to get Auto-Rx mixed properly.1500 miles is the cleaning phase you might want to read the instructions again.

quote:

Originally posted by dbdeland:
Coop0129,

The instructions for seal leaks is use non synthetic oil 50 miles is not enough miles to get Auto-Rx mixed properly.1500 miles is the cleaning phase you might want to read the instructions again.

Thanks for your post, but, I have read the instructions, I am using dino oil. Castrol GTX 10w30 dino. All I am saying is that my car is running a lot worse, not even the same as before.

Well, I just feel like the car is idling a little rough and it hesitates a little. Happened after I changed the oil to this. Car is in good working order except for the minor, and I mean very minor oil leak. I change all fluids and use Shell V-Power every tank.

Coop0129,

I use the same oil and have for many years I agree with GROUCHO MARX finish the cleaning and rinse phase I had a seal leak and it stopped in about 1200 miles. Auto-Rx will not repair broken parts but give it time to work.

Daryl

It is just a rougher idle, and seams like a minimal loss of power. It is also knocking a little bit after the oil change.

There are lots of posts of how in the initial clean phase people notice wierd sounds and rougher idling. I'm 900 miles into the initial clean phase and also am noticing some rougher idling now and then. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Get the engine up to temp and go for a decent drive. How bad is "a lot worse"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back