running laquer thinner through injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. i have an empty bottle with fitting used by a chevy dealer to clean the fuel injectors on GM vehicles. apparently you disconnect the power to the fuel pump, hook this up to the test valve on the fuel rail and run the vehicle on the contents of the bottle. i was thinking about using laquer thinner in a bottle and using the fitting from it to clean the injectors on my old achieva. will i do any harm to anything?

might work depending on what the thinner is, i.e toluene or what.... i've never heard of a test valve on a fuel rail, maybe it's a GM only thing... but if i were you i would use B12 chemtool, it's $3 at wally world...

the question is, will the engine keep running on either laquer thinner or B-12? i do not know. i will try and run my lawnmower on b12 through a spray bottle today and see if it will keep it running.

i used paint thinner once through the brake booster and when i turned the car off it dieseled for about 10 sec until i could get it started again and blow everything out, it was mostly toluene... so if it is mostly toluene based i would say it would run

i will give it a try. i have already done the seafoam/mmo/water cleaning through the vacuum line. i want to clean these injectors thouroughly. i could send them out to be cleaned but that would leave me without the car for 3-5 days. and it would cost me 15 bucks an injector.

If it doesnt stay runnign on it own, why not just mix the cleaner with gas? That way the engine is still running on gas but just gas with a very high cleaner concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back