Heckler & Koch MP5 Submachine Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gabe
I guess they are going for $19,000.

I remember hearing that H&K made some of these in 10mm and .40 chambered calibers, as well. Was that true?

I'll take an MP5K, thanks
smile.gif
(factory surpressed, short one)

From what I understand they still make them in .40, and I bet that if you ask and order enough they would make some in 10mm.

Good luck finding any ammo for them anywhere these days. Including if you are a Law Enforcement officer.

BTW, they were hot stuff in the 1980's.
Right now you see a lot of smaller sub-gun sized rifles chambered in 5.56mm due to the proliferation of body armor, and that it has better terminal ballistics at longer distances.

Gotta love people making their first post a political one.
I'd love to know the crime statistics around the Mp5 series of sub-guns, they are very few and far between outside of the LEO community.

And yes. The USA has more firearms legally owned in the hands of its Citizens than the number of Citizens in the USA.
If you don't like it then please don't visit, or do any business with us.
It is part of our Constitution and is apart of our national heritage.
You are entitled to your beliefs in your country. Please respect ours.
Thanks.

Glad you mentioned about 80s chic. Pre-Terminator 2 and the shotgun on Fat Boy Harley (good-looking bike,) when Bruce Willis,too one of the East German All Stars's MP5 and started shooting at Hans with it, that was awesome. Die Hard 1.

Yippie-kiii-aaa....

I liked those long rifles the guy at the end had, though. Steyr?

And teah, enny registered last night and made one all-political post. Troll? (RetiredGuy1 aka Frank Miller never came back, either.)

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
From what I understand they still make them in .40, and I bet that if you ask and order enough they would make some in 10mm.

Good luck finding any ammo for them anywhere these days. Including if you are a Law Enforcement officer.

Right now you see a lot of smaller sub-gun sized rifles chambered in 5.56mm due to the proliferation of body armor, and that it has better terminal ballistics at longer distances.

I'd love to know the crime statistics around the Mp5 series of sub-guns, they are very few and far between outside of the LEO community.

And yes. The USA has more firearms legally owned in the hands of its Citizens than the number of Citizens in the USA.
Thanks.

I fell in love with this gun when I was a kid, saw it in the back of a big Digest.

Then when I was a bit older, saw it in some gritty magazines that were printed on newsprint with a color cover and a few color pages in it.

But it was Bruce Willis in Die Hard that made me really want one of these.

Going to research buying one as my next gun if they are still available up here in Canada with a longer (legal) barrel length, maybe find one in .22 as they were available in when I was a kid IIRC.

Cool!!!

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456

Thanks.

They stopped making them and it's hard for us to get parts now. We have a few 9mm we use for our tactical team. They are amazing in that they never seem to malfunction. H&K makes great firearms but not so great on the marketing or listening to customers. There are lots and lots of police departments seeking MP5's and the request we make to bring em back don't get far.

Years ago, I was able to shoot an SP89 (semi-auto version of a MP5) and found it to be a very smooth operating firearm. The recoil was not overwhelming, but the muzzle blast was more than I would have liked, but one cannot really expect a lot less with such a short barrel.

It was about $750 back then and I think they are $3000+ today (if you can find one).

A long time ago when I worked at a range, a guy that would sell to LEO would come in with fun stuff. MP5 was nice. MP5SD was even nicer.

My favorite that he brought in was the mini-Uzi. Awesome weapon.

Okay I've removed the off topic and trolling posts from this thread.

Please keep it on topic or it will get locked up.

If you quoted one of the posts that was off topic then I'm sorry but your post is off the board.

Bill

Looks like Sig is going to introduce the mpx, if the price is right i would get one since the mp5 is just too much.

I would so love an MP5 and a pallet of FMJ 9mm to play with. Too bad you can't really buy either of those anymore without an astronomical price.

When I was in Vegas sometime ago, went to a gun range where you could shoot auto's like the MP5 and a Uzi. Also had a Tommy gun. You could only shoot in auto three round bursts but it was still a thrill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back