ARX Treatment to GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed my oil with Castrol GTX 10w30 and 12 oz. of AutoRX. This is the first stage of the AutoRX treatment. I have a minimal oil leak from my 12v vr6, so, this is why I am doing the ARX first. I also did Sea Foam treatment throught the gas and the intake/throttle body. That was interesting, lots o' smoke.... I would recommend this to anyone. My car immediatly after the smoke screen was gone started running smoother. There is no more RPM jump at idle speed and no more hesitation in second gear at low rpm's. Well, I am on my why to when I can put the GC Green sitting on my shelf to good use. (Currently have 16 quarts of the Green stuff, will definitely purchase the Gold when the green is gone) I will continue to post about the ARX Treatment as I get further along.

Coop0129

Thanks for sharing, Coop.

"I also did Sea Foam treatment throught the gas and the intake/throttle body."

For those of us who are less mechanically inclined could you explain how you did this? It sounds more involved that just pouring a bottle in a tank.

Thanks

too use seafoam through your intake, you remove your air claener intake tube, exposing the butterfly top of the intake. leave car at running, and carefully and slowly pour seafoam into the intake/throttle body, could take a good 15 - 20 minutes to do, or you can just pull the brake booster line, from the firewall, and let the suction slowly suck the seafoam up. use at least 1/3 the can, bog the enignine down with it, but not enough so it stalls. i always use the whole can, then turn engine off, and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. start car back up, and take it for a drive, until smoke is gone, probably should change oil and spark plugs after though, with combustion chamber cleaners, used in the same manner, it fouls the plugs and oil, recommended to change before 500 miles after using.

The oil should definitely be changed after the ARX treatment, but as for the spark plugs, maybe maybe not, just check them. If you have iridium or platinum, they burn a little hotter, so, you may not need to change them, if you use cheap plugs, which you shouldn't anyway, you may need to change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back