Auto-RX with Amsoil ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flushed my transmission with Amsoil Universal ATF at 99,000 miles and was planning to go to 150,000 miles and have it analyzed to make sure it was still safe to use. I replaced the filter at 104,700 miles because I didn't replace it when flushing it, and this made my transmission louder, but replacing the filter made it quiet again (both, Ford and Amsoil tech support thought this was an odd occurrence). Transmission shifts a lot better with the Amsoil, but after reading up on all the posts here about good results with Auto-RX in the transmission, I was thinking of using it.

Would adding the Auto-RX require me to do a complete flush after 1,000 miles, or is that just a guideline for dirty transmissions? Would it really be necessary to flush out all the fluid or could I leave it all in (ATF and Auto-RX) until 130,000 miles on the transmission (if need be I can change the filter after a few thousand miles)?

I saw a post regarding this same question with Mobil 1 ATF and it was suggested to leave it in until the next flush, so I figured it would be safe with the Amsoil ATF as well, but wanted everyone's input.

Please go to www.auto-rx.net all the information and application information there.

6 ounces for 1000 miles will clean unit including torque converter. You want to drain this and replace with new fluid. No additive needed after Auto-Rx cleaning.

Alright, I e-mailed Frank, who has responded to this thread, and he suggested that I not leave the fluid in that long, which is fine with me. So I am thinking of leaving the Amsoil ATF in for at least another 10,000 miles, that way I will have gotten back my expenses for the ATF in fuel savings. Then I will run the Auto-RX and flush it with cheap Super Tech ATF, run it for a little while, then change the filter and flush with Amsoil ATF.

I had a feeling it would be a bad idea to leave the Auto-RX in there for that long, but just wanted to make sure before I decided to do it.

Why not go to the 149,000 mark, put in the AutoRx and flush it at 150,000? If its working good....leave it where your at!

I agree. If the tranny is working normally, just get a reali$tic usage of the fluid. 10k usage is a waste of Amsoil ATF. Get at least 30k out of the money spent.
If you want to run something without flushing, toss in a bottle of Smartblend, Lubegard or Runrite 'red'.

You are using Amsoil ATF, short drains you are wasting money.

what car/trany do you have?

From my usuage of their ATF(about 10 years), you can go at least 30 to 40K miles on Amsoil. Rally it is like 3 times what the manual states. Anything less is well, wasting money, time, fluids, etc. This is synthetic fluid not dino!
smile.gif

I would just use that fluid and leave it alone; but, that is me.

Well, I sat down and thought about it all last night after I made the post, I'm going to at least use it for 30,000 miles, that will be a normal service interval, and by that time the fuel savings will have definitely paid off the fluid and enough for another flush/filter change. If I had stayed at what I originally planned, then I would have only gotten 15,000 miles total out of the fluid, and I know it can go a lot longer than that, but the 30,000 miles would be a good cut off with this being the first ever flush with Amsoil ATF.

By the way, it's a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

I would run the ARX in the trans. with 1000 to 1500 miles of service life left. Replace the fluid/fuilter, you are done. No wasted fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back