Stihl Kombisystem Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the Stihl Kombisystem will take other manufacturer's attachments? Got a TroyBuilt 4 cycle weedeater that takes attachments and I'm not impressed with it. When it dies, I'll probably go wth the Stihl Kombi. I've got the tiller attachment now but I need to get an edger attachment. Rather than throwing good money after bad, I was wondering if I could get either the Stihl edger attachment and use it on the TroyBuilt or get the Ryobi one that "fits all" and use it on the Stihl in the future.

It may or may not. For example, I have a Poulan Pro power head that I never use with a curved shaft attachment, and this attachment physically fits into the Echo PAS power head that my friend has, but Echo's attachments don't fit into the Poulan Pro's power head. I'd recommend taking one of your Ryobi attachments to the Stihl dealer and see if they'd fit the Stihl power head.

Kombi attachments are a square drive with a locking slot, while I'm not near mine the drive is larger than a homelight/Deere.

Last edited:
Thanks. I figured there would be just enough differences to make it not work. Searching the net yielded inconclusive results - some said they would work others said nope.

Guess I'll have to either wait or start a new "collection" as I really don't want to pump $$ into something I won't have long term.

Here is a video of a guy using non-Stihl attachments on his Kombi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1xPkijgeC0

But if you're thinking about switching to Stihl or Echo or whatever, I would advise to just switch over completely and don't worry about compatibility because the brand-name attachments will be a lot better made/designed than the cheapies, too.

Last edited:
The other attachments might work on the kombimotor, although I think it would be difficult to properly secure them.

The kombisystem attachments on the other hand I do not think will work on the other motor without modification.

If you look at the large pictures on Stihl USA you can see the tab that slides into the machined coupler.

I'd advise just going ahead and switching and selling the existing set up. Even Stihl's "homeowner" Kombisystems are so much better than average consumer grade it is amazing.

You can probably get a decent discount on the first attachment and a smaller discount on any others you buy at the same time...

Thanks all.

The plan was to start buying Stihl attachments as I need them rather than load up on Troy Built/Ryobi stuff. That way when the power head [censored] out or I get sick of the 4 cycle leaking then I could just pick up the Stihl head.

Looks like I may have to run 2 systems or just sell the old stuff if I switch.

Last edited:
Check out where they are made first if that matters to you, Some "Homeowner" grade Stihl products are made at their plant in Qingdao, China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back