Soft or Hard case for 870 Wingmaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being given an 870 wing pretty soon. but i need a case. dunhams has allen soft cases for $10 and a plano hard case for $20. can get 20% off either one with coupon. which should i get? oh also theres a bulldog softie with plush interior for $30.

I always use a soft case. I like the ones with pockets so I can store some cleaning wipes and extra stuff. Now if your plan on traveling, then a hard case would be better since you can lock it up.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
Just do not store that shotgun in a soft case. The cloth interior will wick oil off the steel and promote rusting.

Good to know ammolab. I do not have a gun safe so I Would be storing this in the case.

So a padded hard case would be the best bet? Thinking about the Plano Protector.

Actually, a soft case can "breath" so to speak, where as a hard case can trap moisture and cause corrosion/rust.

Both types will wick oil, make sure you use a good preservative every few months like CLP and it will keep that pretty wingmaster from rusting. If it's an old one, treasure it. That's back when they really took time to remove machine marks and make smooth actions.

I find soft cases more convient, though I had to go with a hard case on my 11-87 due to the charging handle...

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Actually, a soft case can "breath" so to speak, where as a hard case can trap moisture and cause corrosion/rust.

Both types will wick oil, make sure you use a good preservative every few months like CLP and it will keep that pretty wingmaster from rusting. If it's an old one, treasure it. That's back when they really took time to remove machine marks and make smooth actions.

Alternatively, wiping the exterior with a light coat of T9 is a fantactic option since it dries to a waxy film and won't wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back