Best diesel additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Stanadyne for a modest cetane boost, lowering of gel point, and most of all for lubricity, because it appears to be the only fuel additive with OEM endorsements. A lot of other popular fuel additives appear to be 'emulsifiers', where water is held in solution, while Stanadyne is a 'demulsifier', where water needs to be trapped in the fuel filter. From what I've seen almost all marine diesel applications use demulsifiers, which speaks a lot about what type of additive to use as there would be obvious resons to use an emulsifier.

Biodiesel....greatest way to boost cetane and a very very small amount boosts lubricity an incredible amount. No antigel benfit though.

I use Stanadyne also for my boat diesel engine.
I get it from the local diesel injector repair shop
who say it's the best of the bunch.
Craig

I loved shell rotella dfa, it gave statistically significant mpg improvements, where nothing else would in my MB OM617 engine.

Redline didnt give any increase in the 617, but it gives a statistically significant improvement in my father's 96 MB E300D.

Ive heard that schaeffers adds do really well in diesel.

JMH

come on guys...FP60
wink.gif

An unbiased post on DodgeDiesel

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=78885&page=2&pp=15

I would consider fuel mileage improvements an extra benefit, but not a primary one for using an additive. Lubricity, lowering of gel/waxing/etc. point, and cetane boost are primary - does FP60 improve those ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back