New snake oil at my Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the automotive section of Walmart tonight, and I noticed they have 2 new snake oil products on the shelves. The first one is some type of fuel additive from Bardahl (I think) that claims to increase your l/100km (liters per 100 kilometers) by 10 percent. Hm, gotta be the first additive that quoted something in metric. I looked further down the shelf, and I saw some XentX. $22 for a bottle or can or whatever. Being down on the very bottom shelf, the Walmart dudes must not think it's a very popular product, otherwise it would be on one of the top shelves.

I've seen the XentX advertised on TV over the last month or so. From the looks of their commercials, I'd say it is junk, but you never know. I just remember thinkinking the ad was trash and had no info about the product, just a hot, sexy female.

"the ad was trash and had no info about the product, just a hot, sexy female. "
==============================================================

What more is needed?
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by marcre:
I just remember thinkinking the ad was trash and had no info about the product, just a hot, sexy female.

$22, eh?

How much for just the female?

There were several gas mileage enhancers at Pep Boys last time I went. One made by stp.

After reading these forums for years and speaking with several reputable mechanics in my area I have come to the conclusion that these snake oils are just junk. I run one can of Techron in each of my vehicles prior to changing the oil. I have no experience with Fuel Power.

If you read discussions about Fuel Power carefully, Terry has mentioned tentative MPG improvement findings around 3% for diesel and 6% for gas, above and beyond benefits from cleaning.
Food for thought. Supposedly the testing he mentioned is for the EPA and as such will be made available once it is formalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back