will auto rx work on this mileage? if so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
95 neon SOHC. i am looking to purchase some auto rx soon. i have 74,400 miles now. i averae like 3,000 miles in 4 or 5 months, however, i go through rather considerable stop and go traffic, long idling, due ot everyday backed up traffic, WAQY too many stop signs, ect. i usualy change my oil every 3 months, becasue of contaminant buildup. would using rx with my next oil change, under sever driving, get me to go a good full 6 months. on dino? i am using moblie 1 right now, switchiong back to dino.

I don't get your post. If you, in worst case, do 3K miles in 4 months that means you would only do 4500 miles in six months. Wal Mart SuperTech would do that, much less Mobil1.
Do you know what the contaminant buildup is due to a UOA or are you guessing by the oil just "looking" dark? In your other post, you mention using Pure1 filters. That's a great combination with Mobil1.

I would suggest to do your AutoR-X treatment with cheap oil and filters. After, go to a Havoline - P1 combo and do a UOA at the six month interval. Unless there is something wrong with your motor, I would bet the UOA shows you everything still fine, even at six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back