Post AutoRX Oil Choice...Syn or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the middle of an ARX treatment on several cars, and I noticed that the instructions strictly specify that a dino should be used during the clean cycle for maximum benefit. It states something to the effect that the esters in Synthetics work against the ARX and prevent it from cleaning. As well Dr. Frank has a comment on his FAQ stating that you can go back to synthetics post ARX, but he does not understand why someone would want to start the process of seal degradation all over again. With this in mind, I plan to run ARX maintenance doses after the rinse phase is completed, and wanted to run synthetic. But now I am concerned that the use of synthetic post ARX will negate the maintenance dose of ARX and prevent it from keeping the engine clean. Should I go dino with the ARX maintenance, or will the synthetics all the ARX maintenance dose to work?

no. a maintenance dose will let you run synthetic. no problem. i am doing so and everything looks OK here.

I don't remember if it was here or on the ARX site, but it was suggested that if you're using ARX in an attempt to stop a leak, then you should run dino for the first two post-treatment OCIs in order to give yourself the best chance for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back