Sulfuric Acid (battery acid) as a gas additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
USE YOUR HEAD,MAN !! put the sulfuric acid in your neighbor's tank and see what happens....
128.gif

P.B.

NO! When working with Sulfuric Acid, never ever use your head. Use a glass or plastic bottle, beaker, or jar. Don't use any body part. It can leave some nasty scars.

quote:

Originally posted by ocrstar:
Almost as good as the acetone one.

In the early 80s, I worked with a fellow who decided it would be a good idea to throw some waste Methylene Chloride in the gas tank of his Jeep. One rainy night I saw him pull out of the parking lot and there was this huge vapor trail coming from his tailpipe. From the smell of it, the solvent decomposed into Hydrochloric Acid during combustion.

About a month later, his enire exhaust system started falling off in pieces from the rust.

I can only imagine what the inside of the crankcase looked like...

Rich

Sulfuric acid may in fact be used at the refinery. It would scavenge water. It might also be added to crude to react with unsaturated material converting the sludge precursors to sulfonates that would be easier to separate. I highly doubt it would solve more problems in a gas thank than it would cause. I liked the idea of putting it in the neighbors' tank and see what happens. Just don't get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back