Shot a 100 rounds yesterday 1st time

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I've ever shot a hand gun. They were both semi auto .22s. The last time I fired a real gun was 40 + years ago. A .308 and double barrel shot gun. I need to get some ammo and go to the range with my new LCP.

I took the NRA "basics of pistol shooting" class. Did some work for the instructor who gave me the free class. I learned a lot.

Excellent!

Taking that course is the way to go. I had a neighbor who did the same thing and has really gotten into the sport.

Too bad ammo is pretty hard to find these days. Its causing quite a few folks new to the hobby/sport to open their eyes to what is going on.

I've been shooting my .22 a lot (everytime I go out I have one and it gets cycled) since the ammo cost is lower. Also like that I don't have to worry if I miss picking up every round unlike when I shoot centerfire rounds.

Be safe!

I have some .380ACP if you really need it.

I saw some at the Monroe show and I am such an idiot I forgot to tell you about the show. It was overpriced over $20box/50, but still.

Yes Bill it was a good course with good instructors. Lots to learn and it was fun learning the different stances and ways to shoot.

I'm going to stop by Cabelos and see what they have. I really hope it's not too hard to find .380 auto. I'll keep it in mind Pablo Thanks

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
First time I've ever shot a hand gun. They were both semi auto .22s. The last time I fired a real gun was 40 + years ago. A .308 and double barrel shot gun. I need to get some ammo and go to the range with my new LCP.

I took the NRA "basics of pistol shooting" class. Did some work for the instructor who gave me the free class. I learned a lot.

Welcome to this sub-forum oilboy! The Ruger LCP is a pretty good little hand gun. .380 iirc? I took my LC-9 to the local range here yesterday morning and shot about 75 rounds. Doesn't take very long at all. Excellent idea on taking professional instruction.

Congratulations on coming back! Yay.

.380 isn't always easy to find. You will learn the locations of any store in the area that has any ammo of any kind, and you will visit them regularly. I guess the shortage is a regional thing, but the calibers come and go over the months. There was a glut of 9mm several months ago, as was .40. Can't find 9mm now to save my life. .40 is available most days, but only in one or two places.

One local gun store (LGS) has as much of .40, .45, .38, .357, and .223 as you can afford. But the only 9mm they have is personal defense rounds...at about $30 per 20/25 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back