Yokohama AVID ENVigor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had good luck with the AVID H4s. Set lasted 60k. Was going to buy another set, but they were discontinued for the AVID ENVigor. I bought them instead. 25k/1year later, 2 are junk. Not the whole tire, just 6-8" sections of outer tread completely worn to the belt layer. Shortly the belt will be exposed in those sections. One in the front, one on the rear. Vibrating badly. I took it to a local indie, he says my rims are bent. But this didn't happen with AVID H4s, and I haven't hit anything. I put on a lot of miles, so constantly babysitting the tires is out of the question. This is the best I can do, has been fine for other tires... Tire pressure checked once a month. Rotation and balance when they need it (usually 10k). Alignment when it needs it (usually with the new tires/2years).

Could it actually be 2 bent rims, one in the front, one in the rear on 2 diff sides? Or could this be slipped belts on 2 tires?

I have 18k with these tires on my wifes car(Subaru Legacy) and they have not worn much at all and dead even. We just rotated for the first time 2k miles ago. Our alignment was spot on as tire place checked free(Sullivan tire).

Let see if anyone bashes country of origin
smile.gif

I have these tires on my Forester. They have 51k miles and will need to be replaced soon as they are down to 4/32nds.

I don't know the reason for your premature wear.

I did get a wheel alignment before having mine installed as the previous set (Michelin Pilot) wore unevenly. These tires are wearing relatively evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back