auto rx or LC20 which is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am doing my research on auto rx, and LC 20. which would be best to use, for cleaning pistons,a nd crud and oil that has built up in an engine? i have a 1995 neon SOHC eninge. has 74,200 miles, gave it 3 month oil changes, bought it when it had 30,000 miles on it, 6 yeas ago. i am only doing 800 to 1,000 miles in 3 months, but would like to try to extend my OCI to 5 or 6 months. would auto rx or LC20 benefit me in these applications?

thats what i had been thinking of doing. use arx, then use LC 20 later. can i use LC20 with every oil change? ir is it someting you would use once ayear/every 3 or 5,000 mile thing?

quote:

Originally posted by ziggy:
thats what i had been thinking of doing. use arx, then use LC 20 later. can i use LC20 with every oil change? ir is it someting you would use once ayear/every 3 or 5,000 mile thing?

Use LC20 according to directions. IIRC, it is 1 oz per quart at OC time, then 1 oz every 1k miles thereafter. It wears out over time, hence the 1oz every 1k miles BETWEEN OCI's.

Use 1oz of LC20 for every quart of oil on the initial fill for new oil. Then use just an ounce or two of LC20 every thousand miles after that.

quote:

Originally posted by mburnickas:
so every time you change the oil, you guys are adding 1 oz of LC20 per qt of oil? Or when you change the oil you are re-doing the "initial dose"?

I like LC since I do not have to change oil types but again, this is me.

Use 1oz / quart for the intial dose (i.e. after every oil change). Use 1 - 2oz every 1 thousand miles afterwards. When you change your oil, then you go back to the intial dose again, which is 1oz / quart and follow that up with 1 - 2oz every 1 thousand miles afterwards, etc, etc, etc. It's spelled out on LCD's home page at...

http://www.lubecontrol.com/lube.htm

gadsan,
Thanks I figured the intial dose was only a one time deal and was not repeated.

It does make sense since I think I remember reading that LC needs to be like 10% in the total sump cap.

Add the ARX cleaning dose to your existing oil, with a new filter. With only 1000 miles in three months this oil is plenty good to use for the cleaning cycle. Follow up with a 2000 mile rinse.
It is likely that you can run 6 months afterwards, it is only 2000 miles, from your above mileage per month estimates.

so every time you change the oil, you guys are adding 1 oz of LC20 per qt of oil? Or when you change the oil you are re-doing the "initial dose"?

I like LC since I do not have to change oil types but again, this is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back