Galaxy S4, or Note 2? (T-Mobile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been debating Galaxy S4 vs a Note 2.. I know iPhone 5 is here, but it isn't much my style. (iPad mini? maybe.)

With the S4 out now, no need trying to boggle an S3 Mini to work.

Basically.. Given the choice between a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note 2.. Which would you choose?

I love the Note 2's stylus, and bigger screen. These alone almost have me sold on Note 2.

You?

the S4 is plenty big enough. Has lots of cool features too. I wanted that but got an Lg Optimus L9 instead. I love my optimus. The S4 is a great smart phone.

I own the Note 2 and iPhone 5, I like both as each phone has its own merits. I gave my wife the Note 2 since she has really bad eye sight. I always felt it was a grade better than the S3, if you don't need the larger screen I'm sure the S4 would be an awesome choice. Oh and I never use the stylus, the screen is so large the keyboard is AWESOME!

The S4 is very nice! Sleek. Very thin. Im a big guy though and love the feel of the Note 2. Always thought the size was crazy but i love it. Go to a store and look at them for yourself. See what you like better in hand. The Note is BOSS tho!!

Note 2 is a more respected phone than GS4 among the geeks, if you can handle something the size of a phone book at your ear when you are talking on it - lol

I hope you have really large hands if you go for the Note 2

I absolutely love my Note 2 one huge thing to consider is battery life. I don't know how it is on the GS4 but I can go a long day on LTE (LTE uses more battery than wifi). By long day I mean 3:30am to 10pm. Many people have reported simply incredible battery life from the note 2. I rarely use the stylus but it comes in handy from time to time. At this point you may wish to wait for the note 3. It will probably have at least some of the features that the GS4 has.

-posted from my note 2 using chrome. Web browsing is awesome on this screen.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
S4. HANDS DOWN

Not all of us are privy to the knowledge you have and are somewhat phone-stupid (having been jaded by age, maturity, etc) so please tell me WHY its S4 "HANDS DOWN?"

^^ Though, upon reading, Samsung seems to be ignoring the Note 2 until they roll out the Note 3.

So, maybe I will get an S4, which one dubs an "S3S" which I would agree with, and then get Note 3 when it comes out.

T-Mobile, FTW.

Actually? I am getting an iPhone 4S.
smile.gif

Wow, just a little jump lol

For the on contract price of them, it's a good buy. Couple things it won't have compared to the 5, but not bad.

I like iOS (I use it for work) but I like Android better.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Wow, just a little jump lol

For the on contract price of them, it's a good buy. Couple things it won't have compared to the 5, but not bad.

I like iOS (I use it for work) but I like Android better.

I like Android better too, i used iPhones and they don't have the same "functionality swag" as my Android and I am not sure why people are so ga-ga over it.. BUT, the phone is at the right price, NO contract!
smile.gif

So in other words you're paying for the phone just like you would n a subsidized contract? Lol.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
So in other words you're paying for the phone just like you would n a subsidized contract? Lol.

Was that a quip? Because if so, I fail to see it.. I am comfortable with the up-front cost on a used model with no further obligation where I otherwise would HAVE to pay for the service, absolutely!

I'll be going to T-Mobile, since they no longer have contracts.

$50 a month.

I wasn't aware that it was a used model. The whole no contracts thing is somewhat laughable, because when you read the fine print, they charge $99 or $199 upfront and $20 a month on phones bought through T. So until the phone is paid for, the whole thing is really roughly the same cost structure.

It's only if you keep a phone after the subsidy period, or get a phone for less through an alternate source, that you can actually save bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back