96 Camry 2nd ARX filter pix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy Folks,

Just finished the 2nd ARX cleaning cycle and have a picture of the filter with the deep part of the pleats showing what seems to be more carbon. I feels sorta gritty.

http://www.pbase.com/358norma/image/58355374.jpg

I hope that I did this correctly.
smile.gif

It currntly has 129130 on the clock. Am rinsing with Chevron Supreme, $0.49/qt.
smile.gif
The dip stick shows no varnish anymore, maybe due to an OCI between the 1st and 2nd ARX treatments using LC-20?
dunno.gif

Any thoughts?

John

looks like typical autorx cleaning results. have you checked under the valve cover recently? have you checked compression?

James,

6/11/05 the compression read 200, 200, 203 for cyl. 2, 4, 6 respectively. I'll check them again after the completion of this rinse cycle. This 3 liter isn't one of the known sludgers so I didn't pull the valve covers prior to starting this process. The front bank v-cover gasket is weeping a bit, so I may replace it when I drain the current rinse oil.

John

Brian,

I'm curious why you say it looks like a sludger? All of the material in the pleats is rather gritty and doesn't smear. The first clean and rinse filters showed much the same as this one.

I thought that from the other pix I've seen here that sludge would deposit clumps of gooey stuff, and mostly in the rinse filter.

I would like to understand if I have this wrong.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back