ARX Dilution Due to Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
your oil burning SHOULD slow down as auto-rx cleans the oil control rings. mine went to about zero from a quart every 500 on a seriously sludged acura. i would add at least 3 ounces per quart. depending on how big your sump is.

Thanks. I think I'll add 3 oz. per quart of burned oil. I hope the burning slows down. Jamesn: You went from one quart every 500 miles to zero? Was that after the rinse phase or the cleaning phase?

On mine with 80-100K consumption (who knows it a jdm used engine) -slowed after 2nd application and then in the 2nd rinse eg
5000 miles into ARXing.

My car used to use a quart of oil every 700 miles. I'm in the cleaning phase and now it uses a quart every 350 miles. That means that I'm using about 4 quarts of oil in 1500 miles. Is this consumption going to lessen the effectiveness of the ARX and should I periodically add more ARX to make up for the loss, and if so, how much?

PCV valve maintenance is just as important as an air filter for keeping an engine running clean.

If the PCV valve is sludged up & sticks in the open position, oil mist, generated by splash lubrication in the crankcase, can be sucked into the intake during high manifold vacuum conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back