Un arms treaty to be signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty well known fact that President Obama and Co. don't respect the Second Amendment .... and a few others.

Last edited:
In before the lock...

However, I must say something that the general public seems to not understand, UN treaties are not binding! Sure the UN may pass a treaty of some kind, but nations can disregard that treaty if they choose. This isn't just for "wrongdoer countries", the U.S. has also done this, don't forget the U.S. has a veto vote in the Security Council...

It's the principal of it that irritates most people. Waste of money as well. We should cut our contribution to the UN by 75%.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
It's the principal of it that irritates most people. Waste of money as well. We should cut our contribution to the UN by 75%.

I would feel better if we cut it by 110%

Originally Posted By: Miller88
It's a pretty well known fact that President Obama and Co. don't respect the Second Amendment .... and a few others.
+1 They DO like to "listen in" though.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
In before the lock...

However, I must say something that the general public seems to not understand, UN treaties are not binding! Sure the UN may pass a treaty of some kind, but nations can disregard that treaty if they choose. This isn't just for "wrongdoer countries", the U.S. has also done this, don't forget the U.S. has a veto vote in the Security Council...

The UN is weak. When a country is threatening a nuke or killing its own citizens, they send a sternly worded letter on UN letterhead. Maybe impose sanctions, which hurt the populace and take years to do anything real.

Lip service designed to further appease a voting base…

Like so much else, all it will do is cost money and serve to make life more difficult for law abiding citizens and legal business interests.

90% of the country agrees with him.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Which country is that?

If that were true, why did the gun control measures fail?

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
All the more reason to stock up on weapon and ammunition needs.

As long as gun owners continue to buy like guns and ammo will be banned, the prices will reflect that.

The fact that he uses such a skewed poll to justify his actions says a whole lot right there.

What amazed me about the guy wasn't how easy the 1st/2nd Amendment (and all the others) went bye-bye, but how fast he threw his buddies in the press under the bus. Let's face it, this incompetent, power hungry, voyeuristic junta has been fully supported by the press the last 5 years. I guess they are (slowly still) finding out.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What amazed me about the guy wasn't how easy the 1st/2nd Amendment (and all the others) went bye-bye, ....

You can now add a full frontal assault on the 4th to the list, but, hey, at least they're big believers in the 5th, except for probably that pesky last clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back