Auto-Rx Now on Cootie Patrol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted to do a full house double dose Auto-RX treatment since I changed my oil back in January. It's April already, but it seemed like a shame to drain good BobZoil 5w30 with only 3000 miles on it. It looked dirty enough that it probably wasn't too soon after all. I'm sure that was a result of my overextension of a very good oil on the previous OCI(Pennzoil 5w30 SL dino, very careless with LC booster doses, ran it over 11,500 miles!
shocked.gif
)

So, today I drained that BobZoil with only 3K on it, went back with Formula Shell 5w30 SL/GF-3 dino oil, about 9.5 oz of AutoRX(the Neon is a 4.5 qt car), and used an Advance Auto Parts AA16 oil filter. After getting everything put away, went & drove the car for 20 miles, with a stop along the way to buy a couple of $1.69 Purolator-made Havoline oil filters at Fred's.
grin.gif
Was that a BITOG trip or what?
wink.gif

So, right now the Auto-RX is well mixed & warmed up, doing its deep cleaning thing & no doubt zapping any cooties it can find. At the rate I drive these days, it'll probably take 6 or 7 months to log 7000 miles. Maybe next fall I can do a major oil filter cut-up w/pix.

Hey- I think I just heard a cootie scream!
burnout.gif

Since the car has 190,000 miles on it now, I'm goin' for a full double treatment: 1500 miles clean, 2000 miles rinse, then 1500 miles clean again, then 2000 miles rinse again. Add 'em all up, it's 7000 miles.
cool.gif
I still have lots of Formula Shell and oil filters stacked up & waiting to go!
grin.gif

I bought the Auto-RX a few years ago, & even after using the bottle today & another for cleaning cycle #2, I'll still have 2 bottles left. I checked with Frank about a month ago, he said if bottles are kept capped, shelf life is a *long* time. Just warm bottle in hot tap water, shake, & use as directed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back