Bars stop leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to get some opinions on this "Bars stop leak". Its says you add it to your oil, But its sooo thin. I would feel like I was pouring water in my oil! I dont even need the stuff (yet) But it was on sale for .50 a bottle so I figured why not and grabbed up what was left. Does it work? Is it safe? Was it .50 for a reason? lol
THANKS!

IMHO why use bar's leak? Are you suffering from head gasket leak?If so, get it fixed properly by RE&Re your cylinder head and replace the head gasket.

Doing a half-arsed job with bar's leak isn't going to take you far, unless you are seeking a quick fix to rid of your car ...

Quest-TD

The stop leak SmokeFan20 is talking about is for oil leaks, not cooling system leaks. I wondered also about the thinness since most oil stop leak products are thick, although CRC makes a thin one too and so does CD-2 IIRC.

Anyway, the chemicals that would condition seals are not necessarily thick, so maybe it will work as well as any other product. I will be trying the CRC stuff on my motorhome next trip. Seems the Group III is finding its way out after several years of Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back